Join us for the Keystone Resort Ski Patrol Hiring Clinic!
Experience the best of the Rockies - three unbelievable mountains and tons of outdoor adventures.
- Some experience required
***Please note this position does not start until the 2019/2020 Ski Season***
SPRING HIRING CLINIC DATE:
March 29th OR March 30th is a MANDATORY on snow clinic, with potential to be invited back on March 31st, 2019.
Must provide own equipment and lunch. Helmets required.
Report to Mountain House Lodge by 7:15 am on day of the clinic.
More details will follow from hiring Managers after you submit your online application.
Ski Patrol is responsible for performing guest service functions such as accident handling, administering first aid, trail maintenance, promoting and creating a safe environment for guests and employees, mountain sweeps, lift evacuation, avalanche control and explosives handling. The job responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting, providing medical care, and transporting sick and injured patients
- Performing sweeps at the end of the day to ensure that all guests are safely off the mountain
- Transporting and setting up supplies and equipment on skis or snowboard
- Avalanche control using explosives and skiing techniques
- Driving snowmobiles for mountain operations
- Chairlift guest evacuation
- Trail maintenance including marking and mitigating hazards to skiing public
- Promoting guest safety through education and enforcement of the Colorado Ski Safety Act.
Must have the following:
- Attend Patrol hiring clinic on March 29th or 30th, with potential to be invited back on the March 31st, 2019.
- Applicants may use alpine skis, tele skis, or snowboards
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Outdoor Emergency Care (OEC) certified - Preferred (Keystone Ski Patrol has an in house OEC program for new hires)
- Must be an expert level skier or boarder
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must work well in a team
- Previous patrol experience - Preferred
How to Apply
Click APPLY NOW for more details and a link to our online application