Take your culinary career to new heights! The Edgewater Cafe in Keystone is hiring a Tournant.
Experience the best of the Rockies - three unbelievable mountains and tons of outdoor adventures.
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Jul 18, 2018)
EMPLOYEE HOUSING AVAILABLE! APPLY TODAY!
Tournant Cook Job Description for Edgewater Café and Lakeside Deli
Located lakeside on the 2nd Floor of the Keystone Lodge, the Edgewater Café is open daily for breakfast and lunch, featuring a seasonally inspired, innovative, from-scratch menu. We are seeking a talented and passionate culinary professional to join our team. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise and provide direction for daily operation of outlet kitchen.
- Provides training and guidance to culinary staff to ensure quality and timely food production.
- Minimum 2 years of quality cook experience
- Broad knowledge of all culinary styles and cooking techniques
- Practices good personal hygiene, safe food handling and culinary skills
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and stand for the duration of the shift
- Positive work ethic
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Has own culinary tools or ability to purchase if required by outlet
- Must adhere to Cutting Edge Safety Training and ServSafe Training
- Must provide Certified Slip Resistant Shoes
- Work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Must Be ServSafe certified or willing to complete certification upon being hired
- Supervisory experience- preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Broad knowledge of culinary styles and cooking techniques
- Ability to work all stations in kitchen as required.
- Assist culinary team in achieving labor and food production goals.
- Help assure safe and clean work condition for all personnel.
- Follows directions/specifications of the chef and supervisors.
- Demonstrate teamwork and cooperation with service and kitchen staff.
- Help the chef maintain all par levels for the kitchen.
- Help to receive food and dry goods for the kitchen and properly account for such deliveries.
- Will prepare food according to standardized recipes and portion controls using proper culinary techniques.
- Inspects food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food handling practices.
- Have ability to manage the outlet during the chef's absence, supervise all stations and operate to standards.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Food and Beverage Department and Vail Resorts.
- Leads kitchen in maintaining grab and go food production pars.
- Maintains walk in organization.
- Leads and trains buffet production.
- Substitutes items, when applicable, to avoid 86ing items. Communicates substitutions to BOH and FOH.
What’s in it for you?
- Free EPIC Pass to all of our resorts; Beaver Creek, Vail, Whistler Blackcomb, Keystone, Breckenridge, Park City, Northstar, Heavenly, Kirkwood, Mt. Brighton, Afton Alps, & Wilmot Mountain
- Discounted dependent ski passes
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted tickets to Arapahoe Basin
- Discounted lodging at our properties starting at $85/night
- 50% off Colorado Mountain Express transportation
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining locations
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- 10-25% off at our Starbucks locations
- Unique events - Including concerts, employee meals, employee activities, pro competitions!
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
How to Apply