Enjoy an office with a view!
Located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains
- $56,137.00 - $65,915.00 / year
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Sep 26, 2022)
With the outdoors as a backdrop for learning, Keystone Science School inspires curiosity and critical thinking through the lens of science to change lives and strengthen communities.
Located in the Colorado Rocky Mountains, Keystone Science Schools historic campus serves as base camp for our diverse suite of inquiry-based learning programs. We combine hands-on science education with outdoor adventure to create engaging experiences for our students. At KSS, we change lives, we bring fun and laughter to everything we do, we care about each other and those we serve, we strive for excellence, we offer competitive compensation and generous benefits, and we are committed to serving students from diverse backgrounds. Were proud to be Summit County's #1 Best Non-Profit and #2 Best Place to Work (2019)! Visit KeystoneScienceSchool.org to learn more!
Salary Range: $56,137 - $65,915 per year
Overview and Job Summary
Keystone Science School is hiring an HR Generalist who will support business partners with a "ready-for-anything" attitude and solid knowledge across multiple HR disciplines and understanding of the business. Responsibilities will include policy development, record-keeping, workplace safety and risk management, legal compliance, training and development, employee experience, payroll support, benefits, and other HR administration tasks and projects. Working in collaboration with a team of HR professionals, the Generalist will incorporate justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) best practices into all aspects of HR. This position requires the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, effectively communicate to diverse audiences, and the ability to manage confidential data and issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- HR Administration
- Business Partnership
- Onboarding and Training
- Employee Experience and JEDI
Human Resources Administration
- Assist HR and Equity Director with annual Employee Handbook updates, and other formal documents;
- Maintain employee records in an electronic format and in accordance with applicable laws;
- Assist with external HR audits;
- In partnership with the HR and Equity Director, develop ongoing HR trainings for managers and staff and implement on a regular basis to increase awareness and understanding of HR topics;
- Manage employee safety programs;
- Manage workers compensation programs;
- Manage unemployment claims;
- Participate in the KSS Safety Committee to support projects and tasks related to Colorado child care licensure, ACA, Risk Management, and Safety;
- Manage employee perks and/or benefits programs.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
Partner with department leaders on recruitment marketing campaigns, interview tools and selection process.
Onboarding and Training
- Facilitate new employee orientation;
- Maintain compliance of all new hires including but not limited to I-9s, background check and training.
Employee Experience and JEDI
- Incorporate JEDI (justice, equity, diversity, inclusion) best practices into all aspects of HR and employee experience;
- Serve as a key leader on the organization's Culture Team;
- Develop and implement regular opportunities to maintain positive morale within the KSS culture.
The minimum requirements in knowledge, skills, and abilities for the candidate of our choice are below. The candidate must possess:
- A strong attention to detail and ability to organize data and information in an electronic platform;
- A strong work ethic and will work until the job is complete;
- The motivation to contribute positively to the KSS at-large community;
- The ability to build collaborative relationships;
- Exceptional and effective verbal and written communication skills;
- The ability to effectively interact with people of diverse backgrounds and different levels of experience;
- The ability to be self-directed and complete tasks remotely;
- A level of professionalism to maintain the integrity of confidential information included in hiring processes, payroll, and other human resources-related issues or projects;
- The ability to manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- A commitment to continuous learning.
In addition to the above required talents, our ideal candidate will have these preferred skillsets:
- Computer skills include proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), HRIS systems
- Comprehension of the Spanish language via written and/or verbal form.
Our travel expectations:
No travel requirements.
Housing is not offered for this position.
Our required education, experience, and certifications:
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Human Resources;
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP or equivalent certification preferred;
- Current First Aid and CPR certification or ability to obtain within 60 days of employment.