Lead Cook - Work in the Colorado Rocky Mountains - Employee Housing & Benefits Provided!
Live in the heart of the Rocky Mountains of Colorado near skiing, hiking, biking, and white water!
- $22.00 - $22.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Lead Cook prepares and serves meals to groups of 20-200 Keystone Science School clients, including students, campers, chaperones, adult group retreats, and staff. They ensure a high level of health and safety, cleanliness, and food hygiene, and follow safe work practices. The Lead Cook works in partnership with the Food Services Manager, and they will train and supervise part-time/seasonal Kitchen Assistants. Our ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience working in food service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, serve, and clean up meal service for groups of 20-200; clients may include: students, campers, chaperones, adult group retreats, as well as donors, board members, and staff; depending on size or type of programming, the position may work independently or as a team;
- Ensure a high level of health and safety, cleanliness, and food hygiene and ensure that safe working practices are followed; hold other staff members accountable for these practices;
- Learn & execute established work practices, methods, and procedures;
- Assist Chef to train seasonal staff;
- Ensure food storage areas accessible to staff are maintained with adequate and quality inventory;
- Possess an attention to detail and an ability to be flexible and adaptable in terms of a regularly evolving program schedule;
- During high volume Adventure Programs, the position may be required to assist in off-site facility or camping-based food packing and preparation roles;
- Adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures;
- Undertake relevant training and development activities and respond positively to new and alternative systems;
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the position.
This position is eligible for employee housing plus a generous benefits package, including:
- Paid time off (up to 120 hours in year one), 96 hours of annual sick leave, eleven paid holidays, birthday day off, powder days, and community service hours
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Health savings account and flexible spending account
- Group life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with employer match
- Discounts on outdoor gear and ski passes.