Drifters Lodge on the Kenai River - a hiking, fishing and outdoors paradise
Located in Cooper Landing, Alaska. In the mountains on the upper Kenai River.
- Cooper Landing, Alaska
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (May 01, 2023)
Are you ready to join a fun-loving and hard-working crew for another season on the Kenai River? We are looking for applicants to work front desk, lodge chores, and guest transportation shifts at our lodge in Cooper Landing Alaska. We are Kenai River Drifters Lodge, and customer service sets us apart. We do everything in our power to give our guests the trip of a lifetime, and we have a great time doing it.
The front office/lodge staff job is perfect for upbeat, hardworking, and detail-oriented applicants who are 21 or older. We work 6 days/week from May - September.
Room and Board: $400/mo
Dates: Roughly May 1 - Aug 31 (somewhat flexible)
Benefits: FAM rates on local activities, free rafting and fishing when space allows on Drifters trips, discounts on gear, chef-cooked meal 6 nights a week, live in beautiful Cooper Landing with wilderness all around you, access to an employee vehicle on days off, the opportunity for some overtime. Lodging available on property.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Answering phones in a professional manner and directing or assisting calls.
- Making simple sales for fishing, rafting and lodging. You will need to learn and be knowledgeable about the different services offered by our company, and the area. You will need to become familiar with the geography of the cities, roads, and waters.
- Talking with clients and booking their reservations in our computer program with utmost attention to detail.
- Checking e-mails and responding to clients’ inquiries. Printing all invoices, receipts, and confirmations and filing them as needed.
- Booking client trips with outside services, and obtaining confirmations. You will need to be reliable and consistent in this to ensure all scheduling goes smoothly.
- Checking guests in as they arrive and assist by showing them to their rooms, and around the property. Address any individual needs by fulfilling requests or communicating requests to management. Guests are of the highest importance and must be treated as such.
- Assisting guides, as needed, by preparing clients for their trips. This could be helping them get into rain gear, life jackets, waders, or boots. Likewise, assisting clients when they come back from a trip with gear, coolers, or fish to be processed.
- Checking guests out as they leave. Collect all money owed, update files and print receipts. Show appreciation that they chose us, this is their last impression of our company. Communicate with housekeeping regarding who has checked out.
- Selling our retail clothing, and collecting the money. Keep inventory stocked, clean, and organized. Communicate with management when items need to be reordered.
- Perform other duties assigned by management. May include processing fishing licenses, shuttle driving, fish drop off/pick up and boxing, landscaping, housekeeping, and food preparation. When it is busy jobs often cross over to ensure that all needed tasks are complete.
- Working guest transportation shifts as scheduled. This means driving clients to and from their daily activities and may involve very early morning drive times. Drives are commonly 1-1.5 hours long but may be longer or shorter.
- As part of driving duties, you will be expected to learn frequently used routes and destinations, learn some history about the places you are driving around, prepare the assigned vehicle by filling it with gas and making basic safety checks, and maintaining a positive and engaging attitude while with clients in a vehicle.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours straight, and perform strenuous tasks such as lifting 30lbs, bending, kneeling, and squatting.
- Must be able to work directly under a manager, be courteous and respectful to coworkers, and be self-motivated.
How to Apply
Please send us an email stating your interest in the Front Office/Lodge Staff job along with your resume, a brief cover letter, and three work references. email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!