Experience Kenai Fjords National Park!
Work on a remote island for the summer!
Posted: Mar 11, 2023
- $16.00 - $18.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 2 months. (May 14, 2023)
Safety, anticipating guest needs, honoring our surroundings, and bringing your best every day are the core values we live by in order to provide dynamic guest service provided in all Fox Island facilities. As a Cook, you will coordinate activities and engage in preparing and cooking food served to the Day Lodge guests. You will ensure guests receive consistent high quality meals and overall dining experience. You will work with team members within your department and others to complete the following tasks:
- Prepare buffet meal for guests following recipes and direction from Chef
- Provide excellent service to both guests and team members
- Ensure all guests’ special needs are met, including dietary restrictions
- Estimate food consumption and purchases or requisitions food and kitchen supplies
- Ensure efficiency and timely food production and safety
- Participate in the provisioning of the island to include loading and unloading of supply vessels, conducting inventories and properly and safely storing items
*We accept applicants through the J1 program. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept H2B visas at this time.