Grow your career! Unique job opportunity on FOX ISLAND in Alaska.
Quaint, mystical and breathtaking...once in a lifetime opportunity!
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Responsible for assisting the General Manager of the lodge with management and daily operation of all the Kenai Fjords Wilderness Lodge facilities, including efficient operation of housekeeping, accounting and cash control, food and beverage operations, gift shop operations, and proper maintenance of the buildings. Responsible for scheduling, training, coaching and disciplining the guest service agents, GSA supervisor and submitting time sheets weekly. Responsible for safe and efficient food and beverage operations; selection, hiring and training of all food and beverage department personnel and labor cost control, and producing a consistently high quality dining experience according to lodge standards. Attend staff meetings, safety briefings daily
- Provide excellent guest service to guests and other team members
- Make sound judgments and anticipate issues and opportunities
- Handle comments, complaints and concerns with a high level of efficiency and in the best interest of the guest
- Work closely with all other departments to ensure overall guest satisfaction
- Greet arriving/departing guests in a professional and pleasant manner
- Be knowledgeable of daily functions or activities occurring at the Lodge and in area in order to answer guests’ questions
- In conjunction with the General Manager responsible for the overall management and operation of all Fox Island facilities, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring the safety and security of all guests and employees while on Fox Island
- Meeting or exceeding industry and Company standards of guest service and product quality
- Ensuring facilities meet or exceed legal, industry and Company standards for cleanliness and maintenance of facilities, such as: daily, weekly and ongoing maintenance and cleaning in and around facilities compliance with DEC regulations relating to cleaning and sanitizing guidelines for kitchen, dining room and food storage areas, such as refrigerator, freezer and cooler space
- Developing and coordinating regularly scheduled safety meetings and drills.
- Maintaining adequate daily and ongoing inventory of all lodging supplies, food and dry goods.
- Coordinating and managing duties associated with start-up and shut down of Fox Island facilities.
What skills and experience do you need for this job?
- Current CPR and 1st Aid Certification
- Training for Alcohol Professionals, TAPS
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of the tourism business in Alaska, including state government, industry organizations, and large private industry influences
- Working knowledge of food, beverage, and hospitality services and operations
- Working knowledge of maintenance and safety standards in the hotel industry
- Strong supervisory / leadership skills with ability to effectively train, manage and lead staff
- Training for Alcohol Professionals, TAPS
- ServSafe Managers Certificate
- Some college education and three to five years’ practical experience in hotel and/or restaurant management, hospitality management, or any combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities
What will your work environment be like?
We wake up every day to greet glaciers, mountain peaks and pristine lakes. At Pursuit, we live the dream. We’re united by an intrinsic love of exploring that can’t be confined by physical borders. Together, Pursuit team members and guests create inspiring memories they will share with their friends and families for years to come. It’s all about sharing our amazing destinations.
COVID-19: Safety first is our number one core value. We strive to maintain a safe and healthy environment for our guests and staff. Pursuit follows all CDC guidelines and practices social distancing and other CDC protocols. Masks are required when working in close proximity with guests and during transportation. We strongly encourage all staff to get vaccinated prior to arrival.
Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.