See what's cooking on Fox Island in Kenai Fjords National Park!
Fox Island - 1 hour boat ride from Seward
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 2 months (May 06, 2019)
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
Safety, anticipating guest needs, honoring our surroundings, and bringing your best every day are the core values we live by in order to provide dynamic guest service at the Kenai Fjords Wilderness Lodge.
As Wilderness Lodge Chef, you coordinate activities and direct the training of the Sous Chef, Prep Cook and other kitchen workers engaged in preparing and cooking quality food for our overnight guests. The wilderness lodge kitchen is a friendly environment, where servers and chefs work closely together to meet our guest needs and where guests are welcomed daily for a culinary experience. You will work with team members within your department and others to successfully complete the season.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Valid ServSafe Food Protection Manager certification
- Current CPR and First Aid
- Training for Alcohol Professionals (TAPs) certification
- Ability to manage and supervise staff
- Knowledge of proper food handling and preparations standards
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience as Chef or supervisor in food service operations, or equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities required