King Salmon Float Plane Base Manager in King Salmon, Alaska
King Salmon, Alaska
- Katmai Air, King Salmon, Alaska
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 2 months (May 01, 2018)
Katmai Air provides air transportation and support for our three lodges located in Katmai National Park Alaska and primarily operates float planes. We have an opening for an experienced candidate to manage our new Katmai Air King Salmon float plane facility. This Position will manage our front line staff who assist our lodge and Bear viewing guests en-route to Brooks Lodge and Brooks Falls . This position is seasonal - from on or about May 1st through October 1st and will be based in King Salmon (Housing is provided along with meals)
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in general business matters, will lead and supervise the work of 6-8 employees, and have a track record of safe operations around aircraft. Candidate will be responsible for ensuring the safety of all embarking and disembarking guests as well as employees who are turning incoming and outgoing aircraft at our dock.
Candidate must have:
• At least 1-3 seasons working in or managing a flight operation facility,
• A past good record of managing / delegating and scheduling staff hours
• A positive and flexible attitude
• Good customer service skills and is experienced in managing the large group departures
• Excellent organizational skills
• A clean and professional appearance
• Computer skills including knowledge of MS office programs and have experience with customer reservation systems
• Ability to lift 60 lbs repetitively
Skills beneficial but not required
• Aviation /pilot experience
• Familiarity with Aviation weather a plus.
• General knowledge of vehicle and building maintenance
• General knowledge mechanical, carpentry, plumbing and electrical.
Certifications: Must be able to obtain a Class B Commercial Driver’s License with passenger and tanker hazmat endorsements.
Room and board included. Compensation DOE
How to Apply
Please apply online.