Are you ready to live and work on the beach in Ocean City, Maryland?!
We're steps from the ocean, on the beach where you can enjoy picturesque views daily!
- Ocean City, Maryland
- $21.00 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
SEASON: May to October 2022
We are looking to add a highly motivated, Ocean City-based individual to join our Property Operations team. As a Property Operations Manager, you will have end-to-end ownership over the on-the-ground operations for a region of Kasa properties. This will include physical and technical challenges, while also being the face of Kasa on the ground.
In this role, you will report to the Northeast + Florida General Manager and work closely with both the Portfolio support and our Guest Experience teams. It takes a special person to oversee this market and we hope you're excited by the challenge! A live-in unit is available for interested candidates.
About the Team
This role is in our Portfolio Operations department. Our mission is to ensure our guests have a seamless in-unit experience. Our team members are located all over the country, have diverse backgrounds, and come from many different industries. Everyone joined Kasa because they are passionate about delivering high-quality standards to ensure that our guests love their experience while staying with Kasa.
Day in the life of a Kasa Property Operations Manager
Like many operations roles, there is no ‘typical day'. Your role will involve a wide range of activities tending to the Kasa portfolio in the Ocean City, MD area. These activities will be a mixture of recurring property management tasks and activities requiring more urgent attention. A normal day will consist of you utilizing task-tracking tools to ensure routine inspections are done at each property. Managing, prioritizing, and carrying out on-site tasks is crucial for this role. (e.g. stocking supplies, purchasing and installing replacement furnishings, liaising with building staff on maintenance requests)
You will routinely visit the property and assess units in Ocean City, MD. This includes replacing broken items, coordinating with our housekeeping partner, and searching for potential areas for improvement. You'll need to take the initiative to identify and execute in-unit improvements while prioritizing against a per/unit budget.
During emergencies, you will be the primary party responsible for providing support for lockouts, last-minute requests, and assisting with other guest issues. As our eyes and ears on the ground, you will also work with our Trust and Safety team to implement on-site security protocols and be present at the property to personally oversee the departure of problematic guests. While you are not 'on-call 24/7' for this job, during emergencies you will get a call and if you're available, we compensate above state requirements to a minimum of 2 hours overtime, on defined days off or after working hours.
- You have 2+ years of property management experience
- If lacking property management, you should have 2+ years of tech startup operations experience
- You enjoy mobile technology, have worked with it in past roles, and you're eager to learn new systems and platforms to make you better at your job
- You're flexible in your schedule and can help with emergencies whenever they arise
- You're handy with a toolkit and comfortable building boxed furnishings
- You have reliable transportation and are open to traveling to multiple locations as needed
- You're comfortable lifting items up to 50 pounds
- You can handle stressful situations with a calm and positive demeanor
- 1+ years of hotel experience
- 1+ years of guest service experience
- You pride yourself on your communication and organizational skills
In one year, you will succeed at Kasa by having:
- Established yourself as a top Property Operations performer by consecutively reaching monthly quantitative goals
- Set a high bar for quality standards within your market through preventative maintenance upkeep and housekeeping collaboration efforts
- Become an invaluable resource to our team, beyond your knowledge of Ocean City -specific operations
- Supported successful expansion efforts and critical cross-departmental Kasa projects
- ✈ Kasa Travel Credit: We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a 50% discount on any nights for friends and family
- 💰 Competitive Salary: We offer base salaries at or above market rates plus additional earning opportunities based on the position
- 📱 Cell phone reimbursement: We reimburse a portion of your monthly cell phone bill to say thanks for using your personal phone during the work day
Who We Are
Kasa is building a global accommodations brand unlike any other. We took the best that hotels and short-term rentals had to offer and created a new class of hospitality that is well priced, trustworthy, and that offers a large selection of great locations. Our guests enjoy seamless check-ins, spacious apartments, and attractive amenities, helping them feel right at home. If anything comes up, our remote guest experience team is available 24/7, ensuring our hospitality is always felt, though rarely seen.
Behind the scenes, we build technology that combines with our innovative operations to grow a globally scalable offering that delivers high-quality stays. Our products and systems unlock unparalleled flexibility to operate anywhere from a few Kasa to a few hundred Kasas in any type of building, in just about any location. We currently have Kasas in over 17 states and are expanding into new markets all the time.
All of this is made possible by our team members, each of whom plays a critical role in fulfilling our vision and mission. We strive to foster a culture that values feedback, support, and collaboration throughout the organization. As a remote-first company, we work hard to bridge the gap of distance through initiatives that foster connection across Kasa. A few examples include lively All-Hands meetings, department get-togethers (online and in-person), and teamwide celebrations of important milestones. We offer benefits that encourage team members to stay at Kasa properties to experience our product firsthand and meet local team members when nearby. Guests are crucial to Kasa’s mission. Accordingly, every new Kasa team member gets trained in our Guest Experience Akademy during their onboarding.
Our team is fortunate to have diverse backgrounds, personalities, and experiences united by a commitment to excellence and passion for our industry. If Kasa’s vision and culture speak to you, and you’re up for the challenge of building a company on the cutting edge of real estate, we would love to have you on our team!
Kasa Living is an E-Verify participant. We will verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by matching information employees provide on the form i-9 against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). You may find more information here and here.
How to Apply
Please follow the link included below to apply for this role.