Seeking team members with a passion for the outdoors at Kalaloch Lodge in Forks, Washington!
Discover the great outdoors and breathtaking scenery at Kalaloch Lodge!
- Forks, Washington
- $17.00 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring a Cook to join our team at Kalaloch Lodge in Forks, Washington. As a Cook, you will be responsible for preparing ingredients and guest orders, communicating with serving staff, keeping the workspace clean throughout shift, and adhering to food preparation and food storage health and safety guidelines.
Some locations may implement a vaccination requirement in the future if required by federal, state, or local law.
- Prepare food to specifications before and during unit operations.
- Comply with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
- Ensure freshness and quality of all menu items and packages all products to proper specifications.
- Perform opening, closing, and side work duties and end-of-day inventory, and other duties in accordance with company checklists and procedures.
- Keep workstation, coolers, and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Use waste control guidelines and records all waste on the spoilage sheet.
- At least 1 year of previous experience in a back-of-the-house foodservice position is required.
- Participation in a culinary program is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to handle or operate kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for the entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at the waist, bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops, and brooms.
- Kitchen environment – noise levels may be moderate-to-high.
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
Who We Are
Kalaloch Lodge is located in Olympic National Park, steps from coast with nearby natural attractions including The Hoh Rainforest and Sol Duc Hot Springs. We offer our associates a free shift meal plus a free bus pass or a commute bonus for journeys over 30 miles one way.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Apply on our career site via the link below!