Marine Outboard Mechanic needed in Alaska!
Brand new shop in downtown Juneau
- year round
- Juneau , Alaska
- $30.00 - $45.00 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (Mar 01, 2024)
Juneau Tours and Whale Watch, a privately-owned ground tour and whale watching company in Juneau Alaska, seeks an experienced Marine Mechanic to provide timely, efficient, safe and reliable maintenance and repair of company fleet of 8 vessels and equipment. This is a full-time, seasonal job with an 8 – 10-month contract.
Marine Mechanic will be joining our current marine team, diesel Mechanics, captains, and drivers in servicing, maintaining, and repairing our boats, vehicles, equipment, as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Service and maintain Suzuki outboards and jet boats
- Supply and maintain shop facilities, equipment, and software.
- Forecast service demand.
- Purchase, inventory, and track parts.
- Research repair solutions using industry software solutions and working with industry experts.
- Maintain Federal, State and Local safety standards.
- Support the Managing captain in the inspections, permit and licensing processes
- Maintain positive communication with other employees as well as service vendors, partners, community leaders and competitors at all times (including non-working hours)
- Present a professional image, both in personal appearance and condition of company equipment and property
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years consecutive experience, possess a record of good performance, attendance, safety, and teamwork. Communicate timely reporting of issues, plans and budget requirements to the Leadership Team (Owner, General Manager). As a member of the team, candidate is expected to provide peer leadership and support, as well as encourage and promote a healthy and proactive working relationship.
- Experienced in Yamaha, Suzuki outboards and Scania, Cummins and Hamilton Jets.
- Must be able to read and understand vehicle maintenance and repair codes and instructions on the computer
- Must be able to document maintenance and repairs
- High School Diploma or GED. Higher education preferred
- Must have a Valid Driver's License with few or no violations
- Prefer a Commercial Driver's License or ability to obtain one
- 5 years proven management experience in a heavy duty mechanics shop, vehicle maintenance, construction or similar experience
- Professional service certifications up-to-date
- Must possess own hand tools
- Ability to work flexible schedules including weekends, holidays and on-call rotations for roadside assistance
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry the same for short distances and up and down stairs and steep inclines
- Ability to sit in awkward positions for long periods, standing on a variety of surfaces and at differing angles, bending over, crouching and climbing up and over various equipment
- Ability to work outside in unpredictable, cold, wet weather
Competitive salary, use of company vehicle, housing allowance, tool allowance.
How to Apply
Please send a 1-page summary of work experience, salary history, skills, certifications and three professional references to email@example.com