Exciting summer opportunity in Alaska as a Dock Rep/Events Coordinator!
- Skagway, Alaska
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 1 month (Apr 28, 2018)
Join us at Jewell Gardens and Garden City Glassworks in historic Skagway Alaska for a summer you will never forget! We are a certified organic show/produce garden and glass studio that offers a unique and wonderful experience to guests from around the world.
Looking for energetic/out-going/organized individual who enjoys working with people! Daily responsibilities include working directly with the cruise line excursion managers, supervising guides on the dock, picking up tours, keeping track of passenger counts/tickets and settling daily sales with ships. Computer skills required, contact with ships on a daily basis via email. Jewell Gardens hosts weddings and other events, this position would be organizing and coordinating these events. Also working closely with brides & grooms to make their day special. Will be trained to give tours of the gardens and or glassblowing excursions.
Some of the responsibilities of Position include:
- Encourage sales through relationships with cruise line staff
- Support tour familiarization trips
- Generate initiatives with shore ex's including food & activities
- Invite and participate with Shore ex-staff on tours to garden
- Manage dock interface & Dock Transfers
- Manage SKG dock support staff & support scheduling
- Departure Allocations -- adjust allocations to maximize sales
This is a seasonal full-time position. Must be over 21 and have a valid drivers license. Housing is available. The season runs from April 26 - end of September.
How to Apply
Email your resume, a cover letter and photo of yourself, or fill out our application.