Broaden your culinary skills with us and explore all that Jackson Hole has to offer!
Live, Work, Play in the Tetons.
- Teton Village, Wyoming
- $19.00 - $26.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Jackson Hole Mountain Resort is looking for Pastry Cooks for our on-mountain restaurants. We are seeking employees to work through our Summer Season, end of May - September 2023.
Hourly rates for these positions start between $19.00 and $26.00 and may increase depending on experience.
Housing is available!
- Provide excellent service to guest and exceed guest expectations
- Execute all dishes/recipes consistently to the best of your ability as instructed by direct supervisor.
- Be able to handle moderate to heavy workloads and stress full situations with professionalism and a sense of urgency
- Is responsible for station mise en place, and prep for his/her station
- Has knowledge of menu, and can relay said knowledge to guests if needed.
- Can properly and thoroughly clean all line equipment
- Is willing to help co-workers when needed
- Has knowledge of different cuts and cooking techniques.
- Has the ability to safely handle knives, mandolins, slicers, blenders and various other kitchen equipment
- Adheres to JHMR/Teton Co. Health Dept. Hand Washing Policy
- Demonstrates proper hygiene
- Is a team player
- Can talk to and serve public if needed.
- Be constantly aware of the clock to ensure proper readiness for all service periods
- Be able to follow exact instructions with a sense of urgency
- Responsible to learn all food products
- Report anything that needs immediate attention to the appropriate manager
- Work with all restaurant staff to better serve guest
- Assist management in maintaining a clean and organized kitchen at all times
- Always on time and in proper uniform at beginning of shift including proper footwear
*Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job*
Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Knowledge of food products and handling
- Be able to safely operate all kitchen equipment
- Moderate to strong understanding of restaurant work
- Willingness to learn preparation and handling of ingredients
- Able to multitask on various levels
- A good understanding of personal hygiene and sanitation techniques as they pertain to restaurant work
- Can effectively communicate between language barriers.
Education or Formal Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Servesafe or equivalent preferred
- Some restaurant line experience preferred
- Pastry experience preferred
Material and Equipment Directly Used
- All kitchen equipment
- Knives and other sharp tools
- Chemicals and other cleaning products
- Raw and fresh foods
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Heavy lifting to 50lbs
- Kitchen Hot or Cold line
- Walk-in Coolers and Freezers
- Trash Recycling Room
- Execution of meals under various conditions of heat and stress
Summer employee benefits include:
- FREE sightseeing and bike park pass
- FREE bus pass and 100% reimbursement for commuter bus pass
- FREE shift meal for F&B employees
- Discounts on F&B, Retail/Rental locations, and resort lodging
- Discounts at local businesses including fitness centers
- Access to "pro deals" through Expert Voice
Housing - Employee housing is available but you can check out our additional resources to view other housing options in the valley.
Need more information? You can check out our Employment page or reach out to our Human Resources team at (307)739-2728 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.