These positions provide housekeeping and custodial service for overnight accommodations at Itasca State Park.
- Clean overnight accommodations and other park facilities.
- Clean bathroom facilities including tub, stool, sink, shower, fixtures.
- Make beds and replace linen and bedding.
- Clean and dust furniture.
- Clean kitchen areas including stove, refrigerator, cabinets, sinks, dishes.
- Clean furniture, fireplace, walls, windows, floors, ceilings, walkways, and porches.
- Clean laundry work area.
- Count, bag and transport soiled linen to laundry area; wash, dry and store linens and other laundry; sort and bag other linens for pickup; receive and count clean linen; iron; and maintain inventory of cabin items
The position provides information to the public and performs sales work at Itasca State Park.
- Greet and provide general information to visitors/customers.
- Assist customers in selection of merchandise.
- Enter sales on computerized cash register.
- Count and reconcile daily receipts and complete proper forms.
- Price, mark and stock merchandise.
- Assist with display of merchandise.
- Assist in physical inventory of merchandise.
- Perform housekeeping duties in the store (i.e. clean shelves and cases, sweep floors, vacuum carpet, etc.)
Positions are responsible for preparing and cooking food that is served at Itasca State Park.
- Prepare food for appropriate shift.
- Prepare food orders, maintaining portion control and quality of product.
- Prepare and store foods per health standards.
- Stock refrigerators and freezers.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Assist with preparing, serving, and cleanup of banquets.
Positions are responsible for preparing and serving food, washing dishes and cleaning food service areas at Itasca State Park.
- Operate dishwasher and clean pots & pans.
- Clean kitchen and dining room areas, including washing walls, floors, counters, cupboards and furniture.
- Assist cook with preparation and set-up of orders for the dining room; processing food per instructions and operating equipment used to process food.
- Bus dining room tables.
- Receive and check in inventory, store merchandise and rotate stock.
- Clean and prepare food service area at opening and closing of season.
- Assist with preparing, serving and cleanup of banquets
The purpose of this position is to provide guest services for Douglas Lodge overnight accommodations and restaurant dining room, including front desk, hostess/cashier and lead worker duties.
- Serve as Lead Worker for wait staff in restaurant dining room, including preparing and closing the dining room, and other related duties such as assigning work stations/clearing duties, scheduling breaks, train/monitor staff.
- Greet and direct the flow of restaurant customers; seat guests and present menus and features and assist wait staff with other tasks as needed and time allows.
- Bring restaurant Point of Sale system online and close out each day; open and close register; reconcile cash & charge slips with guest checks, compile information, counts, etc. to Lodge Manager.
- Provide information for park visitors.
- Perform clerical duties for Douglas Lodge Manager and clean work areas.
- Assure responsibility for safety and accountability for safety.
How to Apply
Click on the link to apply. Once the page has loaded, enter in the keyword Itasca to be brought directly to the job opportunities at Itasca State Park!