Itasca State Park covers over 32,000 acres and attracts nearly 600,000 visitors per year. We have 64 overnight lodging units, 246 campsites, three gift shops, and two restaurants. With an operation of this scale there is plenty of work to be done in order to maintain all of these moving parts!
Our seasonal staff of approximately 156 employees take great pride in the legacy of Itasca State Park and work hard to ensure that our visitors leave with an unforgettable experience and a lifetime of memories. We seek talented, innovative employees to help us carry out that mission. Become a part of an organization that not only values the state’s natural resources, but values the personnel resources it takes to sustain the natural beauty Minnesota has to offer.
As an employee of Itasca State Park, you will not only understand the impact of your work and be able to see the benefits, you will also have a unique opportunity to work (and play) in the beauty of the Minnesota north woods, gain a broader knowledge of the historical significance of this region, and meet people from all corners of the globe and all walks of life!
This position is responsible for preparing and serving food and beverages, washing dishes, cleaning food service areas, and working in a visitor service capacity at Itasca State Park.
This position runs from mid-May until early October. Typical working hours can fall anywhere between 8:00am and 8:00pm
- Operate dishwasher, clean serviceware and dishes. Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Prepare various food and beverage items to specification based on the needs of the operation and as instructed by supervisory staff.
- Assist with line cooking responsibilities preparing sandwiches, burgers, and other menu items to specification.
- Maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of the Douglas Lodge and Mary Gibbs Cafe kitchen operation as per management expectations.
- Serve as a guest services representative for Itasca State Park at both food service locations in order to provide visitors to the park with an exceptional overall experience.
Candidates should possess a strong work ethic and ability to learn and retain various tasks related to food and beverage service. Basic cooking skills and an ability to read and follow a recipe are preferred. The candidate must be punctual and reliable. Ability to work within a team atmosphere and effectively communicate and cooperate with other team members to ensure prompt and excellent service is an absolute must. This position requires the candidate to maintain composure under demanding circumstances and convey a friendly demeanor towards customers and fellow employees alike.
How to Apply
Click on the Apply Now! link within each position description and apply through the Minnesota Hiring Portal. Or click on the Apply Here link and type in the keyword Itasca State Park to find the current job listings.