Live & work on beautiful Catalina Island, California + Sign-On Bonus!
Beautiful island located 26 miles off the coast of Southern California!
- Avalon, California
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Island Ventures is looking for a Front Desk / Guest Services Agent to work across our 2 luxury, oceanfront hotels on Catalina Island, CA. We are ideally looking for applicants who are available immediately, or within the next few weeks, who are looking for an experience of a lifetime living and working on beautiful, Catalina Island, California! This is a year-round position with benefits.
$500 Sign-On Bonus! Paid after 6 months of active employment.
Why you want to work for us
We are offering a unique opportunity to live and work on beautiful Catalina Island, California. Island Ventures consists of two luxury, boutique hotels on the beach, three retail stores and a homemade ice cream shop. We provide a luxury, personable experience for guests and pride ourselves on consistently ranking high on TripAdvisor and Yelp.
Location, Location, Location
Catalina Island is located 26 miles off the coast and 1 hour by boat from mainland Los Angeles (15 minutes by helicopter). Daily departures to and from the mainland (Long Beach, San Pedro and Dana Point).
Relocation is required - Island Ventures has shared housing available, subsidized by the company. These modern townhomes are located just steps from the beach and only a couple of minutes from the town center of Avalon.
Island Ventures is in search of the right candidate to join our team in our Front Desk / Guest Services department at Hotel Vista Del Mar and Snug Harbor Inn; two luxury boutique hotels located on the oceanfront in Avalon, on beautiful Catalina Island, California.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays at the Front Desk, assisting guests, making reservations and delivering a high level of guest service. Our mission is to be the best hotels in Avalon. We look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guests and employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must be able to deliver high level of guest service at all times.
- Use the appropriate phrases and greetings when interacting with guests.
- Greet all guests with warmth and hospitality and provide necessary information. Be familiar with restaurants and tours in order to respond to guest inquiries.
- Provide prompt and courteous service to all guests, encouraging the guest to return again to generate repeat business.
- Interact with guests to maintain quality of service. Determine guests’ needs, expectations and satisfaction to resolve conflicts and complaints as they arise.
- Answer phone calls with courtesy and professionalism. Book reservations and answer inquiries.
- Use proper telephone and reservation etiquette including describing the hotel, proper rate quotation and capturing reservations. Operate phone system in a fast paced environment.
- Offer assistance to the individual needs and requests of all guests.
- Prepare food service as needed.
- Ensure the proper completion of the AM / PM checklist.
- Perform all other duties as directed by immediate supervisors.
- Working, hands on position.
Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify and / or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands.
- Must be willing to relocate to beautiful, Catalina Island
- Must have ethical and moral compass
- Must be computer literate
- Ability to manage multiple situations simultaneously
- Must possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors.
- Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a constant level of professionalism.
- Must be organized and possess strong problem solving skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Flexible schedule required including evenings, weekend, and holidays
- Must be passionate about hospitality
- Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients. Standing, bending, carrying and lifting of guest luggage / bags up to 50 lbs.
- Hospitality degree or relevant hotel (Front Desk) experience