Spend the season (or year!) living & working on beautiful Catalina Island, California! Hiring Now!
Beautiful Island Resort, located off the coast of Southern California
- Avalon, California
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Island Ventures is looking for a Sales Associate to work across our retail stores. We are ideally looking for applicants who are available immediately, or within the next month, who are looking to spend the season (or year) living and working on beautiful, Catalina Island, California!
Why you want to work for us
We are offering a unique opportunity to live and work on beautiful Catalina Island, California. In addition to our idyllic location, and irresistible climate, Island Ventures offers a competitive pay and fun work environment. Island Ventures consists of three retail stores, two boutique hotels and a homemade ice cream store. We are looking for applicants to work in our Retail Stores as a Sales Associate with an immediate start date.
Location, Location, Location
Catalina Island is located 26 miles off the coast and 1 hour by boat from mainland Los Angeles (15 minutes by helicopter). Daily departures to and from the mainland (Long Beach, San Pedro and Dana Point).
Relocation is required - Island Ventures has limited housing available. This is a shared living situation (with roommates). Rent is subsidized by the employer. These town homes are located just steps from the beach and only a couple of minutes from the town center of Avalon.
Responsibilities include pro-actively greeting customers and ensuring customers have a positive experience by assisting them in finding what they are looking for. Sell merchandise through the utilization of suggestive sales techniques and product demonstrations in a positive and outgoing manner. Make relevant recommendations and be able to present all store products knowledgeably and explain store services. Process all sales, discounts, exchanges and returns on register according to store policy. Wrap and bag merchandise. Verify starting bank and complete sales audits report upon cashing out at the end of the shift and mid-shift as required. Keep store merchandise clean, orderly and stocked. Stock incoming merchandise and make display changes as appropriate.
- Greet customers with a smile and welcome them to the store within 30 seconds of their entry into the store 95% of the time. Offer assistance and answer any questions they may have. Be friendly. Ensure that all customers feel welcome.
- Familiarize yourself with all store merchandise and the inventory control systems used to track it.
- Actively engage customers in conversation and actively assist in the understanding, demonstration, description, and selection of merchandise.
- Utilize a working knowledge of all retail merchandise including price, any special product considerations, stock location in the store and in the back stockroom.
- Operate cash register and process all transactions including discounts, gift cards, exchanges, returns, and credits according to store policy.
- Actively maintain the store appearance including keeping merchandise neatly organized and attractively displayed, dust and clean shelves regularly, fold t-shirts and arrange merchandise to maintain the highest level of visual presentation.
- Make effective display changes when needed.
- Receive merchandise correctly and accurately and place stock on display and / or in the stockroom as appropriate.
- Be cognizant of your schedule, work assigned shifts and complete timecards per store policy.
- Answer all incoming calls with a professional greeting and transfer calls to the proper department / extension as appropriate.
- Accurately execute retail special orders (in house, phone and web) including accurate sales information to customer (cost, tax, shipping fees), order fulfillment, payment and shipping.
- Assist with physical inventories.
Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify and / or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands.
- Must be willing to relocate to beautiful, Catalina Island
- Must have an ethical and moral compass
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Must be organized and tidy, with a positive demeanor who will ensure that our customers feel cared for and welcome to our retail locations
- Flexible schedule required including evenings, weekend, and holidays
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Basic ability to comprehend the English language sufficient to understand information such as labels, instructions and basic customer requests
- We will provide all the training necessary to perform the job.