Unique opportunity to live and work on beautiful, Catalina Island!
Beautiful Island Resort, located off the coast of Southern California
- Avalon, California
- unknown / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Scoops, Catalina Island is looking for a server / barista to work in our busy homemade Ice Cream / Starbucks store - located on the beachfront. We are ideally looking for applicants who are available immediately, or within the next month, who are looking to spend the season (or year) living and working on beautiful, Catalina Island, California!
Be the happiest part of their day! Our goal at Scoops is that everyone who walks through the door leaves feeling satisfied, nourished and inspired. We pour our heart and soul into everything we do and create moments to remember for our customers, our community and for each other. Together, we turn sips into smiles, choices into opportunities and passions into careers. Help us spread a little happiness!
Why you want to work for us
We are offering a unique opportunity to live and work on beautiful Catalina Island, California. In addition to our idyllic location, and irresistible climate, Scoops offers a competitive pay and fun work environment. Island Ventures consists of 3 retail stores, 2 boutique hotels, and a homemade Ice Cream / Gelato store also serving Starbucks Coffee; Scoops!
Location, Location, Location
Catalina Island is located 26 miles across the ocean and 1 hour from mainland Los Angeles (15 minutes by helicopter). Daily departures to and from the mainland (Long Beach, San Pedro and Dana Point) allow you to travel to mainland California on your days off.
Relocation is required - Island Ventures has shared housing available, subsidized by the company. These modern townhomes are located just steps from the beach and only a couple of minutes from the town center of Avalon.
- Maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volumes of traffic.
- Greet customers with a smile and welcome them to the store. Offer assistance and answer any questions they may have. Be friendly and ensure that everyone is made to feel welcome.
- Contribute to a positive team environment.
- Maintain a clean and organized workplace so that everyone can locate resources and products as needed.
- Provide high-quality products by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Recommend and advise when needed.
- Follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Operate cash register and process all transactions in accordance with store policy.
- Assist with physical inventories.
- Follow Starbucks guidelines to ensure customer satisfaction and brand loyalty.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Attend occasional department meetings after-hours and participate in training opportunities.
- Prior experience working as a barista / in an Ice Cream store is a plus