Unique opportunity to live & work on Catalina Island, California!
Beautiful Island Resort, located off the coast of Southern California
- Avalon (Catalina Island), California
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Sep 13, 2018)
Why you want to work for us
We are offering a unique opportunity to live and work on beautiful Catalina Island, California. Island Ventures consists of two boutique hotels, three retail stores and a homemade ice cream store. We provide a luxury, personable experience for guests and pride ourselves on consistently ranking high on TripAdvisor and Yelp.
Location, Location, Location
Catalina Island is located 26 miles off the coast and 1 hour by boat from mainland Los Angeles (15 minutes by helicopter). Daily departures to and from the mainland (Long Beach, San Pedro and Dana Point).
Relocation is required - Island Ventures has limited housing available. This is a shared living situation (with roommates). Rent is subsidized by the employer. These town homes are located just steps from the beach and only a couple of minutes from the town center of Avalon.
Island Ventures is in search of the right candidate to join our team in our Housekeeping department at Hotel Vista Del Mar and Snug Harbor Inn; two luxury boutique hotels located on the oceanfront in Avalon, on beautiful Catalina Island, California. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays, servicing guest rooms and hotel common areas as assigned according to hotel standards of cleanliness and timeliness. Our mission is to be the best hotels in Avalon. We look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guests and employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must be able to deliver high level of guest service at all times.
- Use the appropriate phrases and greetings when interacting with guests.
- Greet all guests with warmth and hospitality and promptly respond to any requests for additional items required.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the guest rooms assigned, which includes making beds, cleaning bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming and replacing amenities, while keeping up with the standards set by the Housekeeping Supervisor and General Manager.
- Clean, vacuum and maintain common areas and company bathroom.
- Perform all job duties to a high standard in a timely manner.
- Care for and water hotel plants as assigned.
- Set, upkeep, put away and clean up after continental breakfast setup.
- Perform laundry duties.
- Stock and maintain housekeeping supplies including restocking the maid cart.
- Inventory operating supplies weekly and complete inventory sheets.
- Assist guests with their luggage on stairway, to and from the guestroom and placing in storage areas as needed.
- Understand how everything operates in the guest rooms - fireplaces, windows, lighting.
- Examine hotel key locks, remote controls, lighting and notify maintenance of any battery or bulbs requiring replacement.
- Follow proper Lost & Found procedures.
Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify and / or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands.
- Must be willing to relocate to beautiful, Catalina Island
- Must have ethical and moral compass
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Must be organized and tidy, with a positive demeanor who will ensure that our guests feel cared for and welcome to our properties
- Flexible schedule required including evenings, weekend, and holidays
- Ability to move throughout the hotel (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time
- Ability to make repeated movements of the arms, hands and wrists
- Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients. Standing, bending, carrying and lifting of guest luggage / bags up to 50 lbs
- Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels, instructions and basic guest requests
- We will provide all the training necessary to perform the job.
- An opportunity to be a part of an award-winning hotel experience
- A chance to live and work on beautiful Catalina Island