International Sports Training Camp is seeking experienced sports coaches for the summer!
ISTC is a privately owned premiere sports camp located in the Pocono Mountains of Northeastern Pennsylvania.
- Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Jun 16, 2018)
ISTC is a privately owned sports camp located in Stroudsburg, PA that prides itself on its staff and facilities. This position is similar to a physical education teaching position. You are responsible for organizing and instructing a variety of land and water-based activities to groups of approximately 20 children aged between 8 to 17 years old, concentrating on child development in sport and life skills.
• prepare and actively participate in staff training meetings and supervisory conferences
• communicate weekly with athletic directors through journal writing and one-on-one sessions
• carry out fieldhouse, canteen, activity decks, and evening and night patrol duties
• perform camper check-in and check-out responsibilities
• prepare weekly written evaluations (“Scorecards”) on all your campers and participate in awards ceremonies
• counsel on a rotating basis (live in the cabin with the campers and assist the cabin counselor)
• participate in camp recreation events
• supervise campers and maintain a positive learning environment
• assume responsibility for the health and welfare of the campers entrusted to your charge
• assume responsibility for enforcing the rules, policies, safety procedures, and traditions of the camp with a positive attitude
• maintain good public relations with campers’ parents
• serve as a good example to campers in personal language, appearance and health habits
• observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, and enforce safety regulations by applying appropriate behavior-management techniques
Keep in mind that these are not the only duties. Some duties may be added or reassigned as necessary.