Mechanic in the Mountains!
Direct views of the Winter Park Ski Resort and Fraser River Valley!
- year round
- Tabernash, Colorado
- $75,000.00 - $100,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
We are looking for a skilled Mechanic to maintain and repair mobile elevated work platforms, telehandlers and general construction machinery and delivery vehicles. You will be responsible for ensuring annual and quarterly inspections, functionality and reliability of machines, engines, hydraulics, and mechanical systems. Examples of our inventory include the following manufacturers: Bobcat, Sany, Multiqui
p, Allmand, Genie, Terex, NiftyLift, Ingersoll-Rand, Hilti, Bosch, Stihl, etc. Our rental fleet focuses largely on skid steers, MEWPs and aerial lifts, telehandler forklifts, compaction rollers, mini-excavators, mid-sized excavators, and a wide variety of small tools and lawn equipment. An excellent mechanic must have manual dexterity and great attention to detail. They must be able to work with various machines and tools as well as follow all safety precautions.
Pay range depends on experience and necessary qualifications. Higher pay will be offered to candidates who meet all criteria for fleet knowledge.
- Repair machines or mechanical components according to requirements of the manufacturer
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues both at the rental store and in the field
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems
- Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users
- Lead a team of service technicians and yard associates daily
- Provide directions and duties to a team by participating in morning meetings
- Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g. repair of hydraulic systems, painting vehicles etc.)
- Keep logs of work and report on issues
- Proven experience as Mechanic
- History of capable leadership in a management role
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components
- Aptitude in using various hand tools and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers)
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, blueprints etc.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Very good communication skills
- A problem-solving ability
- Very good physical strength and stamina
How to Apply
Please call us at 970-887-0404 for all job inquiries.