Are you a fun, outgoing adventurer who wants to share your love of the outdoors with others?
Beautiful, adventurous, environmentally conscious, hip, lots of outdoor places to explore.
- San Francisco, California
- unknown / trip + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (Mar 11, 2024)
WE ARE HIRING FOR SPRING/SUMMER 2024!
About Incredible Adventures: Incredible Adventures is an environmentally-conscious outdoor travel company based in San Francisco that offers small group tours in the Bay area and beyond – we specialize in Yosemite National Park, Muir Woods, Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, the California coast, and Lake Tahoe!
About our Team: We are an adventurous group that thrives on being in a casual and laid-back workplace that offsets our challenging and dynamic jobs. We love to travel and we are all huge advocates of preserving our natural resources through green business practices. Most of our vehicles run on petroleum-free biofuels and have a limited impact on the environment (Incredible Adventures is a certified SF Green Business).
TOUR GUIDE/DRIVER Position: Incredible Adventures is looking for reliable, safety-driven, organized individuals with a desire for adventure! Guides should have a customer-service-oriented disposition, fun and outgoing attitude, and enjoy interacting with people from all over the country and the world. Experience is a plus, but not required. Safe driving skills are a must. Tour Guides will need to acquire a California Commercial Driver's License with a Passenger Endorsement. Training for the CDL will be provided during a 2.5 to 3-week training course. There is a hiring bonus for anyone arriving with a valid CDL. We are hiring for one guide position this winter (training begins in late November) and for multiple positions in March and April 2024 for spring/summer guide positions.
On single-day trips, Guides will pick up and drop off passengers at San Francisco hotels and provide an informational narrative during the entire tour. On multi-day adventures, Guides will arrange daily logistics, outdoor and evening activities, and sightseeing excursions, and teach sustainable travel, camping etiquette, and cooking skills. Most guides will live in beautiful San Francisco and lead day trips + short multi-day camping or hotel trips from SF.
*We provide partial rent reimbursement to lower cost-of-living expenses in San Francisco.
Compensation: Wages vary depending on the trip, with daily rates for experienced guides/drivers ranging from $175-$300, plus gratuity. Our experienced guides can bring home more than $400+ a day, including gratuity.
- Must be at least 23 years of age
- Must possess or be willing to obtain a valid Commercial Driver’s License, Class B or C with passenger endorsement of 16+ (CDL training and assistance provided)
- Required to participate in state and federally-regulated drug and alcohol program which includes a pre-employment drug screen
- Great communication skills
- High energy and excellent people skills
- Must be a safe, courteous driver
- Ability to obtain First Aid/CPR certificate
- As the flow of tourism dictates our business, we ask that you be available to work weekends and holidays as needed
- Already live in or be willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area (housing assistance provided)
Benefits & Perks:
- Become an expert guide in well-known destinations including Yosemite, Muir Woods, San Francisco, and Napa & Sonoma
- Explore the outdoors in some of the most scenic areas of the country; options to guide camping trips in Yosemite NP and beyond
- Housing reimbursement to help lower cost-of-living expenses in San Francisco
- Assistance with finding housing plus discounts on communal housing options
- Flexible scheduling plus the option for part-time work
- Meal stipends on overnight hotel-based tours + included meals on most camping trips
- Opportunities for career advancement in the Outdoor & Adventure Travel Industry
**Note: If asked to interview, applicants will be asked to provide a DMV record, form H-6 for CA commercial drivers (10-year motor vehicle record).
How to Apply
Please click APPLY NOW to visit our application website for more information and to apply online