Are you a fun, intrepid adventurer who wants to share your love of the outdoors with others?
Beautiful, adventurous, environmentally conscious, hip, lots of outdoor places to explore.
- San Francisco, California
- $170.00 - $700.00 / trip + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (Mar 06, 2023)
WE ARE HIRING FOR SPRING/SUMMER 2023!
About Incredible Adventures: Incredible Adventures is an environmentally-conscious outdoor travel company based in San Francisco that offers small group tours in the Bay area and beyond – we specialize in Yosemite National Park, Muir Woods, Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, the California coast, and Lake Tahoe!
About our Team: We are an adventurous group that thrives on being in a casual and laid-back workplace that offsets our challenging and dynamic jobs. We love to travel and we are all huge advocates of preserving our natural resources through green business practices. Most of our vehicles run on petroleum-free biofuels and have a limited impact on the environment (Incredible Adventures is a certified SF Green Business).
TOUR GUIDE Position: Incredible Adventures is looking for reliable, safety-driven, organized individuals with a desire for adventure! Guides should have a customer-service-oriented disposition, fun and outgoing attitude, and enjoy interacting with people from all over the country and the world. Experience is a plus, but not required. Safe driving skills are a must. Tour Guides will need to acquire a California Commercial Drivers License with a Passenger Endorsement. Training for the CDL will be provided during a 2-week training course in the spring. There is a sign on bonus for anyone arriving with a valid CDL
On single-day trips, Guides will pick up and drop off passengers at San Francisco hotels and provide an informational narrative during the entire tour. On multi-day adventures, Guides will arrange daily logistics, outdoor and evening activities, sightseeing excursions, and teach sustainable travel, camping etiquette, and cooking skills. Most guides will live in beautiful San Francisco and lead day trips + short multi-day camping/hotel trips from SF.
Compensation: Wages are per trip, with daily rates for experienced guides/drivers ranging from $170-$300, plus gratuity. Wages for overnight, multi-day tours are per trip and range from $275-$1350, plus gratuity. Our experienced guides can bring home more than $400 a day, including gratuity.
- Must be at least 23 years of age
- Must possess or be willing to obtain a valid Commercial Driver’s License, Class B or C with passenger endorsement of 16+ (CDL training and assistance provided)
- Great communication skills
- High energy and excellent people skills
- Must be a safe, courteous driver
- Required to participate in state and federally-regulated drug and alcohol program which includes a pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to obtain First Aid/CPR certificate
- As the flow of tourism dictates our business, we ask that you are available to work weekends and holidays as needed
Benefits & Perks:
- Become an expert guide in well-known destinations including Yosemite, Muir Woods, San Francisco, and Napa & Sonoma
- Explore the outdoors in some of the most scenic areas of the country; options to guide camping trips in Yosemite and Tahoe
- Housing stipend/contribution to defray cost-of-living expenses
- Assistance with finding housing plus discounts on communal housing options
- Flexible scheduling plus the option for part-time work
- Meal stipends on overnight hotel-based tours, included meals on most camping trips
- SF City Pass - We encourage our guides to get out and explore this wonderful city!
- Opportunities for career advancement in the Outdoor & Adventure Travel Industry
**Note: If asked to interview, applicants will be asked to provide a DMV record, form H-6 for CA commercial driver’s (10-year motor vehicle record).
How to Apply
Please click APPLY NOW to visit our application website for more information and to apply online