Get paid to share your love of travel and the outdoors as an Incredible Adventures guide!
San Francisco, California
- San Francisco, California
- $255.00 / day
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Apr 08, 2019)
About Incredible Adventures: Incredible Adventures is an environmentally-friendly outdoor travel company that offers small group tours in the Bay area and beyond - we specialize in Yosemite National Park, Muir Woods, Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, Silicon Valley, the California coast and Lake Tahoe!
About our Team: We are an adventurous group who thrive on being in a casual and laid-back workplace that offsets our challenging and dynamic jobs. We love to travel and we are all huge advocates of preserving our natural resources through green business practices. Many of our vehicles run on petroleum-free biodiesel fuel and have a limited impact on the environment, making us the Greenest Tour Company in San Francisco!
Position Details: We are hiring guides for ALL of our tours! Incredible Adventures is looking for reliable, safety-driven, organized individuals with a desire for adventure. Guides should have a customer-service oriented disposition, a fun and outgoing attitude, and enjoy interacting with people from all over the country and the world. Experience is a plus, but not required. Safe driving skills are a must.
Job Responsibilities: Guides will pick-up and drop-off passengers at San Francisco hotels, provide informational narrative during the entire trip, collect payment, and communicate with the office throughout the day as necessary. While many tours are day trips, in the summer guides have the opportunity to frequently lead 2-3 night camping excursions to National Parks.
Wages are per trip, with starting daily rates at $85 for a 4 hour shift up to $300 for a full day, plus tips. Wages for overnight, multi-day tours are per trip and range from $275-$634, plus tips. Our experienced guides can bring home more than $400 a day, including tips.
Unlike many other companies in the industry, we offer a comprehensive commercial driver’s license training program. We also offer:
- Seasonal performance and safety bonuses available.
- Brand Ambassador program with prizes for guides. Last year leaders had the chance to win a free trip to Las Vegas, with flights, hotel & activities included!
- Guides in good standing are invited to attend our IA End of Year Party at the end of October. Last year, previous parties have been held in both Lake Tahoe and Reno, NV.
- Current holders of CDL class B licenses with passenger endorsement of more than 16 passengers may qualify for signing bonuses!
- Must be at least 23 years of age
- A clean driving record
- Great communication skills
- High energy and excellent people skills
- Have (or be willing to obtain) a California Class B Commercial Driver’s license (will train the right candidates)
- Must be a safe and courteous driver
- Ability to pass drug test
- Ability to obtain First Aid/CPR certificate
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
**Note: If asked to interview, applicants will be asked to provide a short form of their DMV record (last 3 years) which is available online for $2 (CA) or at your local DMV.