Want to spend a summer of fun in Connecticut at the oldest co-ed camp in the country?
We are located on 700 private acres with a mile long lake and TONS of activities for all!
- Ivoryton, Connecticut
- $1,200.00 / month
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jun 01, 2021)
Incarnation Summer Camps are looking for Camp Counselors for the Summer 2021 season! We are hiring now for our day, overnight, and teen programs. We are looking for dynamic, fun, and responsible staff members to supervise campers and make sure they have the most fun possible this summer! This is a perfect job for someone just out of high school or home for the summer from college.
We are looking for energetic applicants who want to spend a summer outdoors, running around and creating lasting memories with our camper community. Counselor roles span supervising groups from ages 5 to 15, and housing/meals are provided if required. Counselors are responsible for running activities, such as tennis, soccer, music, arts and crafts; as well as lifeguarding, swim, and other waterfront activities (American Red Cross LGT training is provided).
Positions available have flexible start dates that go from late May to early June and end mid to late August. Staff orientation will be completed prior to the arrival of campers. Training for all activities will be provided, as well as ARC lifeguard/CPR/first aid training.
Our programs - Incarnation Camps has day and overnight programs in a traditional camp setting, aimed at campers aged 5 to 15. Our diverse camp and staff population aim to create a safe and nurturing environment as we have done for the last 135+ years since our foundation in 1886. We offer a host of traditional camping, sporting, and artistic activities that campers can pick from on a daily basis, and we look to foster lifelong friendships, as well as an appreciation for the outdoors.
- Lead recreational activities for groups of campers on our property
- Escort and supervise children between activities and in their free time
- Resolve issues between children and address behavioral issues (supervisors will always be available for further help)
- Ensure all safety rules are followed (e.g. the counselor has to know where you are at all times)
- Perform first aid or address injuries/incidents as needed.
- Previous experience as a Camp Counselor is helpful, but we are willing to train staff with the right attitude and energy.
- Patient, reliable, and friendly demeanor
- A love for working with, and inspiring youth
- Energetic and positive personality
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (able to take part in activities like hiking, swimming, and running)
- The ability to swim is required in order to become a lifeguard.
- Be part of a fun and nurturing team
- Rewarding outdoor work with youth
- Various on the job training offered that can be used in future roles
- On-site housing and meals available to successful candidates
How to Apply
To apply, please email LCain@incarnationcamp.org for further information on roles available for the Summer 2021 season. We have start dates from late May to mid-June.