Work full-time, year-round,with the fast paced Alaska cruise industry in beautiful southeast Alaska!
Icy Strait Point is located in beautiful southeast Alaska, where the water meets the mountains.
- Hoonah, Alaska
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Apr 06, 2020)
SUPERVISOR SHIP COMMUNICATIONS
Reports to: Sales & Logistics Manager
Salary Range: Year-Round Salary, DOE with Benefits
Supervisor of Ship Communications will be responsible for all aspects of successfully maintaining a professional and responsive sales & logistics focused dialogue with the shore excursions staff both for prearrival and post departure communications. Oversee staff that will be the first & last line of contact for all cruise ships communications including, but not limited to, updated tour counts & allocation increases, special requests, prearrival dispatch logistics, complaint resolution and end of day reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct all activities and decisions according to Icy Strait Point’s guiding principles: BAP: Best, Authentic and Profitable Tour Destination
- Hire, train and supervise a specific team of employees whose function is the prearrival, day of and post departure of all cruise ship communications for sales & logistics
- Oversee staff for responding to all ship communications in a prompt, polite and effective manner
- Communicate & coordinate any significant ship matters to the proper team members and business units
- Accurately update shore excursion tour counts, provide additional spaces and communicate updates to teams
- Oversee Ship Liaisons and Dock Representatives with daily assignments, maximizing sales and effective logistics and ensure end of day reconciliation of tour tickets & reports for ships/vendors are completed
- Coach and encourage ship communications liaisons & dock representatives to ensure professional, customer focused interaction for ISP guests and shore excursions staff
- Monitor employee productivity, provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Oversee the completion of end of day recap and reports and clearly communicate to cruise ship staff.
- Analyze current tour timetables and logistics to be able to increase product capacity as well as maintain capacity in master dispatch sheet and FareHarbor (online reservation system)
- Receive customer complaints and resolve issue(s) with Sales & Logistics Manager
- Communicate with other business units to maximize sales and needed logistics for day of operations
- Schedule work hours and shifts for ship liaison and dock representative teams
- Build relationships with Shore Excursions teams and provide them with updates and product knowledge
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years working in tourism industry, preferably in Alaska, with emphasis in guest services and sales operations and 2 years proven experience as a supervisor or similar role
- Willing to live in a remote, rural community for minimum of 7-8 months per year
- Comfortable traveling by small plane or ferry to and from a remote setting
- Able to be diplomatic, engaging and sales oriented in communications with outstanding customer service philosophy
- Able to prioritize tasks and enjoy a multi-task work environment
- Ability to confidently use MS Office suite (especially Excel and Outlook) and aptitude for learning other computer programs
- Must be able to lift 25lbs comfortably, work at computer for extended periods and walk 5+ miles daily
Icy Strait Point is a Native-owned and operated enterprise and offers Native Preference under P.L.93-638. Applicants must have proof of legal authority to work in the United State
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.