Spend your summer in Alaska ensuring our guests have memorable Alaskan-sized adventures!
Remote community on Chichagof Island, surrounded by the beauty of southeast Alaska.
- Hoonah, Alaska
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Apr 06, 2020)
Tour Sales Representatives promote, recommend and sell pier-side tickets to guests for all excursions offered at Icy Strait Point. Tour Sales Representatives ensure guests meet the required excursion requirements, sign excursion waivers as required, announce excursion departures, and keep accurate records of excursion inventory and departure times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct all activities and decisions according to Icy Strait Point’s guiding principles:
BAP: Best, Authentic, Profitable Cruise Destination
- Provide excellent customer service to all IPS guests
- Provide guests with information about all tours available in order to complete the sale and upsell tours products
- Participate in all required trainings
- Knowledge and promotion of other ISP venues, distribute ISP literature and/or sell ISP merchandise
- Work as greeters to welcome guests and conduct guest orientations
- Efficiently use computerized reservation system to book tours and shuttle tickets
- Assist with preparing for ship arrival, including updating daily tour sales, departure times, and ensuring that all kiosks are ready and available when guests arrive.
- Assist with updating Fareharbor (reservation system) from pre-arrival and day of sales updates as well as Carousel (tour display system).
- Assist with monitoring inventories of supplies; ensuring venues are clean and in top condition.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Adequate knowledge or willingness to learn about Tlingit culture
- Must have good customer service skills, be able to answer repetitive questions and the ability to communicate with guests and coworkers in a professional, friendly and accurate manner.
- Must possess good computer skills and a willingness to learn internal tour booking programs.
- Ability to learn, retain and relay excursion information for sales and upselling of tours/shuttles.
- Be able to stand for 8 hours or more and work in fast-paced environment with crowds.
- Previous sales experience preferred but not required.
Icy Strait Point is a Native-owned and operated enterprise and offers Native Preference under P.L.93-638. Applicants must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click APPLY NOW to submit your application.