Tour Guides needed for the 2019 Season at Icy Strait Point!
Experience the real Alaska, where adventure awaits at ISP!
- Hoonah, Alaska
- $12.00 / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Apr 15, 2019)
Reports to: Cultural/Guide Supervisor Category: Seasonal
Salary Range: DOE
Location: Icy Strait Point
Icy Strait Point Guides provide a leadership role as well as interpretation and narration for guests departing on Excursions. Guides will be cross-trained to lead all tours associated with Icy Strait Point and may be required to switch excursion assignment schedule if necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct all activities and decisions according to Icy Strait Point’s guiding principles: BAP: Best, Authentic, Profitable
- Provide guests with information about the scenery, wildlife, history, culture and geography.
- Provide excellent customer service to all IPS guests
- Ensure the safety of all Guests on tours
- Participate in all required trainings
- Maintain a current First Aid/CPR certification
- Other duties as assigned
- Adequate knowledge or willingness to learn about Tlingit culture
- Must be able to learn a Tlingit Introduction
- Knowledge of the local area ( marine life, plants, animals, birds)
- Must have good customer service skills
- Must have good verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to learn, retain and present excursion information to guests in an accurate manner.
- Promote other ISP venues, distribute ISP literature and/or sell ISP merchandise
- ATV Guide must be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license
Icy Strait Point is a Native-owned and operated enterprise and offers Native Preference under P.L.93- 638. Applicants must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
How to Apply