Icy Strait Point is looking for seasonal CDL Drivers!
Located in rural Alaska, where adventure awaits
- Hoonah, Alaska
- $12.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Apr 15, 2019)
The overriding responsibility of a driver is to SAFELY provide a high-quality experience for anyone being transported at the direction of Icy Strait Point. Drivers are expected to be able to provide interpretation and narration for guests departing on excursions, and may be required to switch excursion assignment schedule if necessary.
- Conduct all activities and decisions according to Icy Strait Point’s guiding principles: Best, Authentic and Profitable Tour Destination.
- Drive in a SAFE, responsible manner at all times and keep all equipment in SAFE condition.
- Deliver a first-class experience to all guests and visitors.
- Follow all directives and regulations for keeping and maintaining buses in proper operating mode.
- Clean inside and outside of vehicles as needed and scheduled.
- Complete pre- and post-vehicle inspection checklist.
- Communicate with supervisor/manager when a vehicle needs additional maintenance.
- Being aware of guest count at all stops so you never leave anyone behind.
- Learn and impart knowledge to guests of all that Icy Strait Point has to offer, including history, tours, food and beverage venues, retail products and venues, what’s available in town, etc.
- Assist guests who need or request assistance in getting on/off bus.
- Participate in all required training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- One year prior commercial experience driving a tour bus.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must possess valid Class “B” CDL with Passenger and Air Brake endorsement.
- Certified by US DOT provider as physically qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle.
- Have or be able to attain First Aid/CPR certification.
- Thorough knowledge of driving/roadway laws and regulations in the State of Alaska.
- Clean driving record with no DUI, DWI, negligent or reckless driving citations.
- Willing to submit to pre-employment, random, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion of drug and alcohol testing.
- Adequate knowledge or willingness to learn about Tlingit culture.
- Able to lift and carry 25 pounds.
- Icy Strait Point is a Native-owned and operated enterprise and offers Native Preference under P.L.93-638. Applicants must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
How to Apply
Click APPLY NOW and apply online