Join our team providing amazing guest experiences in remote Southeastern Alaska!
Icy Strait Point is a private cruise ship destination located on a remote island in the archipelago.
- Hoonah, Alaska
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Feb 01, 2018)
This position is considered seasonal and will work nine months per year, typically mid-February through mid-November. This individual plans, supervises and coordinates sales and operations of the Excursions Department to ensure revenue and guest satisfaction standards are met. This position oversees the day-to-day operations of the Excursions Department, including the supervision and coaching of Product Supervisors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Conduct all activities and decisions according to Icy Strait Point’s guiding principles: Best, Authentic and Profitable Tour Destination.
Builds strong relationships with shipboard shore excursion staff.
Assist with communications between shipboard staff and management of onsite excursion sales.
Supervises and trains sales staff in effective selling and upselling.
Oversee communication and compliance of contracted tour providers.
Oversee communication and follow through of charter group sales.
Assist with new tour development, allocations and proposals to cruise lines.
Assist with updates and building online reservation system.
Oversee the functionality of Independent Business Units and productivity of the Product Supervisors, including assessment of weekly and monthly reports.
Conduct weekly, and as needed, meetings with Product Supervisors and Excursions Staff in order to provide coaching and boost morale.
Ensure all tour equipment is tour ready, including routine cleaning and service checks.
Assist Product Supervisors with regular safety and tour quality auditing.
- Minimum 10 years working in the tourism industry, preferably in Alaska, with an emphasis in guest services and operations.
- Experience working with cruise lines required onboard or shoreside cruise line experience required.
- Minimum 6 years experience managing staff.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, and aptitude for learning other computer programs.
- Outstanding customer service philosophy and practices.
- High school or equivalent education with college degree preferred.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Able to lift 25 pounds, stand for extended periods, and walk 5+ miles daily
- Willing to live in a remote, rural community for minimum of 7 months per year
- Comfortable traveling by small plane or ferry to and from a remote setting
- Able to walk and drive on gravel roads in inclement weather
How to Apply
Please apply online and attach a cover letter and resume.