International Glamping Company - Work in the Great Outdoors with Huttopia - FREE HOUSING
Huttopia was founded in 1999 in France and quickly expanded across the North American continent. We currently occupy 5 spectacular properties where we offer between 100 accommodations, a main lodge, a restaurant, swimming pool and activities. Give meaning to your work, choose nature as your home and be part of a common adventure to build an alternative project: join the Huttopia adventure
- Huttopia Southern Maine, ME, USA - Huttopia White Mountains, NH, USA - Huttopia Adirondacks, NY, USA - Huttopia Paradise Springs, CA, USA - Huttopia Sutton, QC, Canada
Huttopia invites its clients to disconnect from everyday life, to get closer to nature, to reconnect with their loved ones and to discover new horizons and new cultures. An innovative leader in ecotourism from Europe for over 20 years, Huttopia is pursuing steady development in North America and internationally (France, Netherlands, China). In 2021, Huttopia manages over 60 ‘outdoor resorts’ with glamping-type accommodations.
In North America, Huttopia will operate 5 outdoor resorts in 2021 in Québec, New Hampshire, Maine, New York and California. Each resort has over 80 ‘ready-to-camp’ accommodations, a restaurant, a camp store and diverse activities.
Although we are a "glamping" company, our roots are well and truly in "camping". Huttopia is a company of entrepreneurs, we all build a common project, as a team, and every employee is an integral part of that team. Huttopia people enjoy being in nature, they love human contact, and want to create great vacations and memories for the resort guests. We often stop and look at our surroundings, and we say to ourselves... we work where some people decide to spend their vacations. It's an exciting opportunity.
Huttopia's values are :
- Trust - Having trust encourages us to take initiatives and risks without fear of getting it wrong. It is the basis of the entrepreneurial spirit
- Sincerity - Being sincere in our actions, work, relationships and words gives Huttopia an overall coherence that our staff, customers and partners notice from the outset
- Solidarity - Knowing how to share powerful moments and undergo a joint adventure with enthusiasm. This is how we build a team
- Imagination - The imagination makes the impossible possible. It allows us to innovate
- Simplicity - Our basic profession, camping, is simple by nature. It is not a culture of the superfluous but rather of the essential. Simplicity is never the easy way. It takes effort and hard work
The Employee Experience
You love nature. You love freedom. You love people. Join our teams on one of our 5 resorts in the Great Outdoors!
In its training center and in the field, upon your arrival and throughout your career in the company, according to your profile, Huttopia will train and accompany you in order to grow professionally and personally with many opportunities for development in North America and internationally, on-site or at the head office.
We offer our employees the opportunity to live on-site for free. Whether you join us for a season or for a year-round management position, we make sure to welcome you properly! Live in the heart of the action, in beautiful natural settings, and get to know your team and build strong bonds with them. Seasonal workers are accommodated in our 'seasonal camps' with the whole team, to spend an unforgettable season and forge lasting friendships. Managers are housed in their own on-site accommodation, year-round.
We work in the wilderness and we love it. Our teams are very diverse but we have some things in common... We like to move, stay active, enjoy the outdoors, we are committed and we want to make the most of the season! Many of our seasonal workers come back every year, on the same property or on a new one (we open 2 to 3 per year), and sometimes even join the Huttopia team on a permanent basis...
The health of our employees is important to us, especially in times of pandemic. That is why we have implemented sanitary measures that meet government requirements on all of our sites.
We look forward to meeting you and getting you on board of the Huttopia adventure!
Our ideal candidates are reliable, versatile, customer-oriented and have a passion for the outdoors! We welcome candidates from different backgrounds and we want to understand why you want to join us.
Room and Board
Accommodation is free at Huttopia.
Seasonal Worker: Upon availabilities, you have a private or shared room but the common areas like the bathrooms and living area, kitchen are shared.
General Manager and Assistant General Manager: You have your own private or shared housing.
- Free accommodation
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- International company with the possibility of evolution within Huttopia
- Social activities like team buildings and workshops organized by the company
- Discounts on overnight stays at any Huttopia resorts
- Live and work in the great outdoors
Getting Here and Getting Around
We advise you to bring your own car to the resort as most of our locations are in remote areas. However, this is not mandatory as your accommodation will be on-site. Feel free to hike to the next town or cycle! We do have a company car on each resort that is used by the Managers for day-to-day tasks. Contact us if you're not bringing your car and we'll happily find an arrangement to get you on site.
All of our resorts are in the middle of spectacular nature with a beautiful lake and gorgeous mountains. There is so much to do; all the way from live concerts, hiking, biking, to swimming, fishing, canoeing and so much more.