Huttopia Paradise Springs - Free Housing Accommodation - Work and Live in a Beautiful Oasis
Spring water is flowing from the surrounding mountains, an oasis in a wide canyon, a paradise...
- Valyermo, California
- $59,240.00 - $60,240.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
You’ll find our Huttopia Paradise Springs village high up in the San Gabriel Mountains inside the protected Angeles National Forest. Paradise Springs has long been a destination for people looking to escape greater Los Angeles for the wild. It’s an oasis in a wide canyon ringed by lush desert greenery fed by an artesian spring that flows into a winding creek all year long. That sounds like paradise to us.
The site is only 1.5 hours from Los Angeles, but it is lost in the heart of a national forest. In the surrounding, there is a diverse wildlife and many hiking trails to discover. On the campground, we have a restaurant that makes food with fresh ingredients, we offer activities for our guests and a refreshing pool to cool off. Open from April to October, we have 70 housing accommodations for our guests. Our campground in California is a historical site with links to Hollywood in the 1920's. It is a beautiful site, surrounded by mountains that will take your breath away.
Huttopia invites its clients to disconnect from everyday life, get closer to nature and reconnect with loved ones, while enjoying campsite amenities and exploring the region’s best attractions. An innovative leader in ecotourism, Huttopia was founded in Europe over 20 years ago. It is an independent family business, established in Lyon by Céline and Philippe Bossanne, lovers of a certain art of camping and the great outdoors. Today, the company is pursuing steady development in North America and abroad (France, Netherlands, China), and manages over 60 outdoor resorts with glamping-type accommodations worldwide.
Huttopia projects itself as a global brand in the field of ecotourism, representing a lifestyle and values that are respectful of nature and curious about other people’s cultures.
"Our profession is both a simple and exciting one: Finding beautiful natural environments, establishing sites that do not harm the surroundings and that enhance the nature and local culture, and setting up light-weight and easily dismountable infrastructure which nestle in harmoniously with the landscape. Then welcoming families, often city dwellers, who are looking to stay in simple and direct contact with nature, to relax and discover the region together in an environmentally-friendly manner."
Philippe Bossanne, Founder of Huttopia
Have you ever wished you could work and live in the great outdoors? Give meaning to your work, choose nature as your living space, evolve confidently within the company, and come be part of the Huttopia adventure!
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the General Manager’s main functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing customer service and accommodation services.
- Supervising various departments and ensuring communication flow.
- Recruiting and managing the team.
- Putting in place mandatory regulations (hygiene, equipment safety, procedures etc.).
- Monitoring and ensuring the continuous quality of guest services, according to company standards (reception, accommodation, activities).
- Ensuring the upkeep and maintenance of equipment, buildings and green spaces.
- Managing sales revenue of the site.
- Participating in the development and monitoring of the site’s budget.
- Performing all other related duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Tourism, Hospitality or in a related field.
- Three (3) years experience in a management position, in the tourism/hospitality industry.
- Good physical capacity & a passion for the outdoors.
- Ability to manage a team effectively.
- Flexibility and versatility.
Why join our team?
- Free accommodation; live in a cabin that has 1-2 private rooms with wifi, just beside the campground and with a view of the mountain
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Permanent and full-time position
- International company with the possibility of evolution within Huttopia
- Social activities like team buildings and workshops organized by the company
- Discounts and/or free overnight stays at any Huttopia resort worldwide and discounts for employee's family members
- 20% discount resto + camp store
- Access to guests' facilities during time off
- Family friendly
- Pet friendly
- All Inclusive trip with the Team Huttopia North America for an annual seminar in North America (different location every year).
- Company phone plan
- Insurance coverage plan
- You begin with 3 weeks (120 hours) of paid vacation AND
- You receive 5 bank holidays that can be used as PTO (paid time off)
- Each 6th and 7th day worked during the week is acummulated at the end of the year as PTO