Preference is given to individuals that are available for our entire summer season.
- Driver/Guide: April 22, 2020 – September 20, 2020
- All other positions: April 29, 2020 – September 20, 2020
This seasonal position runs from April 22, 2020 – September 21, 2020. This Driver / Guide position is highly interactive. Knowledge of Denali and the surrounding areas is helpful and preferred. This is a safety-sensitive position, and employment will depend on the successful completion of our training program, as well as approval by our insurance company. Our preferred candidate likes dogs/mushing, be outgoing and able to talk to all guests and posess excellent customer service skills.
- Ensuring the safe operation of the bus or van.
- Ensure safe pick-up and delivery of tour guests in a 25 or 32 passenger bus.
- Communicate with guests and dispatch via headset while inside their vehicles.
- Assist guests as they embark and disembark the bus or van.
- Assist in guiding/managing tour groups of up to 100 people.
- Performs all pre and post trip inspections as required by DOT. Maintain all required Department of Transportation paperwork on a daily basis, including Vehicle Inspection Report and Driver Log Book.
- Maintain interior/exterior cleanliness of bus or van.
- Assist with gift shop sales as needed, includes cash handling and ringing guests up on a cash register.
- Responsible for occasionally assisting with kennel chores, ie, care, cleaning, feeding, and watering 30-40 huskies of all ages.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Successfully pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical or have current Medical Card.
- Must be willing to submit to pre-employment, random, post-accident and just cause drug and alcohol testing.
- A current Class C Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger Endorsement is required.
- Commercial driver training may be available for an applicant with an Alaska drivers’ license – please inquire.
- Must be prepared to give accurate and helpful information to guests/employees about our product, our dogs, and the Denali Park area.
- Able to sit/stand/walk for a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Able to sit in a drivers’ seat for a minimum of 4 hours/day
- Frequently lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Able to bend/kneel frequently throughout a shift.
- Comfortable and able to occasionally work, feed, handle huskies of all ages weighing up to 80 lbs and carry full 5-gallon buckets.
- Work schedules can change frequently, and a candidate must be comfortable working split shifts and workdays that run anywhere from 4 to 12 hours.
View Job Description
- Hourly position: $15/hr plus shared gratuities. $1/hr bonus upon contract completion.
- Employee housing is available for this position
- A well-groomed appearance is expected.
- Employment as a driver/guide for Jeff King, Inc. is contingent upon approval by our insurance provider.
How to Apply
Submit a resume with cover letter, along with three professional references, and two personal references to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.