On the doorstep of the Appalachian Trail, enjoy work and play at Georgia’s only backcountry inn!
We are surrounded by open mountain vistas and rolling forest trails following ridges and streams.
- year round
- Dawsonville, Georgia
- $13.00 - $15.00 / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Hike Inn welcomes hikers after a day on the trail to a beautifully designed lodge, hot and hearty meals and relaxing mountain views. From experienced Appalachian Trail “thru-hikers” to the novice first timer - whether families, couples, individuals or a large group - our guests enjoy a unique getaway stay. We offer twenty private guest rooms, hot showers, fresh linens, home-cooked meals served family-style, educational programs, and a small community atmosphere. A visit to the Hike Inn inspires a love for hiking, nature and environmental stewardship.
The Hike Inn is looking for a full-time housekeeper to join our small team well-known for providing exceptional guest services and welcoming hospitality. This is a year round, permanent position that provides a unique opportunity to work in a Southern Appalachian mountain wilderness setting.
A hike on its own is a fine thing to do. A backcountry inn by itself is a special place to visit. Combine the two and something truly unique happens. Join the Hike Inn staff and experience the combination of hiking, living and working in the beautiful north Georgia Blue Ridge mountains - with a trail to the Appalachian Trail out your front door!
The Hike Inn is well-known for providing exceptional guest services with welcoming Southern hospitality. We are looking for a full-time Housekeeper with a great attitude, positive interpersonal and communication skills, who likes being a team player and helping others. Recognized for our facility’s cleanliness, the role of the Housekeeper is to ensure that the cleaning of guest rooms, public areas, and laundry meet Hike Inn standards.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Clean guestrooms and public areas according to established standards.
- Clean and sanitize the bath house showers, sinks, counters, mirrors and toilets.
- Replenish toiletries and towels.
- Mop wood floors; dust furniture and polish as needed.
- Collect, sort, launder, fold, transport and distribute linens.
- Maintain supplies as needed.
- Report any needed repairs or safety hazards.
- Assigned special projects as directed by managers.
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others and independently of supervisor with a high degree of initiative, motivation and attention to detail.
- Able to be organized, flexible, and manage time effectively.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with guests with a friendly, professional manner and genuinely offer welcoming hospitality.
- Ability to perform physically challenging work outdoors and in all weather conditions.
- Previous housekeeping experience is preferred.
Starting wages at $13-15 per hour based on previous relevant experience + tips, which may be up to an additional $3 per hour.
- A comfortable, private room in shared housing is provided for one individual; sorry no families or pets. Rent, utilities and meals are included.
- Telemedicine insurance plan available after first month and matching retirement after three months.
- Paid vacation after one year.
If you are conservation minded, enjoy helping people, and like working and living in an area surrounded by nature, this position may be for you. We are a small, close knit staff who share a common interest in hiking, the outdoors and sustainability. Join us!
To learn more about the Hike Inn, visit our website at www.hike-inn.com
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with resume, three references with phone and email contact information, and a cover letter that relates your interest in this opportunity at the Hike Inn and what you have to offer our team.
If you are looking to work seasonal, please share the specific time frame you are available.
Applicants who live locally and do not wish to live onsite are welcome to apply as well.
“I love the fact that adventure is right out my door. The staff was very welcoming and the included amenities make living here very comfortable. Also, I absolutely love meeting like-minded adventurers every single day as they hike the beautiful Chattahoochee national forest.” -Jeff E.
Housing and Meals | Competitive Pay | Beautiful Location | Great Culture | Training
The Len Foote Hike Inn is owned by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources and operated by Hike Inn, Inc. which is a non-profit 501-c corporation formed solely to operate the Inn.