Teach outdoors in mountains of Southern California during the school year
Big Bear, CA
- Big Bear City, California
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 2 months (Jan 07, 2019)
Big Bear City CA
Join a fantastic community of young and energetic educators at a residential outdoor education center as we work to open the eyes of city-based kids to the wonders and beauty of nature.
- Work in the mountains of Southern California teaching elementary students!
- Two shifts available, with instructors moving regularly back and forth between them.
- Field Instructors take students on hikes during the day and teach about ecology and teamwork.
- Cabin Instructors supervise students overnight and sleep in cabins in the forest.
- The schedule is traditional school year, school week, with weekends and school holidays off.
- Continuing education to help you become a better teacher.
Adding everything together, the value of the first year instructor wage package is calculated at $111 per workday. This includes housing, food, health insurance, and a daily wage.
OUR PROGRAM IS UNIQUE IN CALIFORNIA! We are a small, upstart company who managed to jump into the (relatively...) big leagues of outdoor education. We believe we can make a difference, make a living, and be happy all at the same time. We walk the fine line of telling you what to do and encouraging you to take ownership in the program.
OUR CORNER OF THE COUNTRY IS PRETTY DARN COOL! We are based in Big Bear, the coolest mountain town in Southern California; no other outdoor ed center is based here. From mountains to deserts to beaches, with a little small town atmosphere close by and a lot of big city amenities within a couple of hours...pretty nice...
OUR WEBSITE TELLS IT ALL! Need more details? Want so many details you'll be overwhelmed? Head over to dirtyclassroom.com and you'll see why we believe we're the most progressive place in the country.
See Staff Blog Posts here: http://dirtyclassroom.com/dirticulum/