Guide on the Henry's Fork, South Fork, Teton River, Madison River, Yellowstone Park
The name of the game here is variety of quality fishing opportunities.
- Island Park, Idaho
- $325.00 - $350.00 / day + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (May 15, 2023)
- Idaho and Montana guide licenses required
- Current basic first aid, CPR or other first aid qualifications required by state licensing agencies.
- Clean driving record required.
- Must possess extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of fly fishing.
- Ability to cheerfully teach all aspects of fly fishing. It’s not always about catching fish. Clients must get their money’s worth even if fishing is tough.
- Knowledge of basic aquatic entomology
- A positive, supportive team player.
- Recognize that guide clients are customers of the business, not the individual guide.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Physically fit, able to work long hours in the field
- Must have a reliable, dependable and comfortable 4-wheel drive vehicle.
- Drift boat, river skiff or raft with rowing frame
- Experience and proficiency rowing rivers
- Must be drug free. Must be willing to abstain from alcohol and tobacco in the presence of our clients.
- Extensive knowledge of all permitted waters in Idaho, Montana and Yellowstone Park.
Guide Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide float trips or walk/wade trips on all permitted waters in Idaho, Montana and Yellowstone Park.
- Keep vehicles, boats, trailers and other guide related equipment in good working order.
- Safely transport guests to and from fishing areas.
- Excellent risk management capability in remote settings.
- Engage and respond to guests in a positive, friendly and supportive manner, including meeting their expressed and unexpressed needs.
- Provide meaningful interpretation to our guests on natural and cultural topics pertinent to each trip, including, but not limited, to geology, history, wildlife and botany. Know the answer when clients ask questions about these subjects
- Willingness to work long hours, weekends and holidays. A typical guide day runs from 8 am to 5 pm.
- Show up on time. Being late is absolutely not acceptable
- Keep your vehicle and other guide related equipment clean and properly serviced
- Keep accurate records. Utilize the guide portal of our reservation system
- Professionally represent Henry's Fork Anglers and its Mission, Vision and Values.
- Support national and local conservation organizations.
When you guide for Henry’s Fork Anglers you are part of a team with experience and knowledge unparalleled in the industry. Several of our guides have worked here for more than 40 years. Idaho is highly restricted with permits required for specific rivers, streams and lakes. We are currently licensed to float fish the Henry’s Fork of the Snake, the South Fork of the Snake and the Teton River in Idaho and the Madison River in Montana. We are also licensed for walk/wade trips on Fall River, Warm River, and other small streams as well as all of the waters in Idaho and Montana that we float fish. Our permit in Yellowstone Park allows us to guide walk/wade trips on all waters open to fishing. We also guide on Hebgen Lake, Henry’s Lake and Island Park Reservoir. Guides know all of these waters. Obviously you can’t learn all of the intricacies of this waters in a year or two. For that reason you must possess at least a basic knowledge of our extensive fishing area. Many of our guides started out working in our retail shop and moved into a guide position after they gained enough experience. It also helps us understand the work ethic necessary to work for Henry’s Fork Anglers. We are also looking for motivated, responsible, hardworking store employees. If you can’t cut it working in our retail shop you won’t be guiding for us.
- Discount on store purchases
- Pro discount from major companies
- Compensation $325 - $350 depending on experience
- Company provides shuttles
- Company provides client lunches
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume with prior employers to firstname.lastname@example.org.