Hiring FOH Staff for our farm-to-table restaurant in beautiful Southern Utah!
On the edge of the Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument, surrounded by Southern Utah's Parks!
- Boulder, Utah
- $4.00 - $4.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (Mar 13, 2023)
Hell's Backbone Grill & Farm, approaching its 24th season, is a James Beard nominated farm-to- table restaurant in remote Southern Utah. We believe deeply in the importance of organic, locally produced, regionally, and seasonally appropriate cuisine. On our 6.5 acre farm, we grow vegetables, fruit, herbs, flowers, and raise hens for eggs, all of which is lovingly cooked and served (or pickled & jammed!) in our restaurant. We rely largely on local ranchers for the grass-fed and finished meat we serve, and local farms who work with us to supplement our crops. Our commitments to sustainability and environmental ethics are central to our restaurant and farm.
Being a restaurant on the edge of wilderness, we must be stewards of the land that provides for us. Boulder is a town of 250 people, surrounded by the vast Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument, and on a scenic road connecting Southern Utah's National Parks. We are public lands advocates who take seriously our role as environmental and social activists. We have the good fortune to nourish people as they experience this wild and important landscape, so we are committed to using our voice to protect it.
Though we are located in a remote town, Hell's Backbone Grill & Farm is bustling during the season (mid-March through November). The restaurant is a fun and fast-paced work environment, with an emphasis on quality and connection. With a restaurant staff of around 20 people, and a farm team of 3, the Hell's Backbone Grill & Farm community is tight-knit and diverse. Our staff works very much as a team, so a willingness to pitch in and good communication skills are a must! Even if you work in the restaurant, we invite and encourage everyone to visit and help out on the farm. This can be a great opportunity to learn about growing food and nourishing soil, which are skills we believe everyone should have!
We are hiring for FOH staff at our James Beard Nominated, Farm-to-Table Restaurant! Servers at our restaurant have the pleasure of presenting food that they can be proud of - with many of the ingredients sourced from our own farm and local ranchers. Though we expect fine dining quality service from our servers, the most important is that our servers create a warm, welcoming environment for our guests.
- Servers' role at HBG is to work as a team to create the best possible experience for our guests.
- Job duties include: greeting guests, taking orders accurately, providing attentive service, addressing customer concerns, performing side-work/cleaning duties, wine knowledge, beer knowledge, staying current with farm ingredients
- All servers will also be scheduled on occasional host shifts.
- Much of the dining is outdoors, so FOH staff should be able to work in outdoor conditions.
- Shift is generally 2:30 - 10:30 pm.
- Wage of $4/hr plus tips (all FOH positions operate as a tip pool).
Things to Note:
- We require our staff to be fully vaccinated (and boosted when eligible) against COVID-19.
- We are looking to hire full-time staff (40 hrs/week).
- We prioritize applicants who can commit to the entirety of our season (exact dates TBD, but likely mid-March through the end of November).
- There is limited subsidized housing (private room) available for rent - please ask for details.
- As we are in a remote location with no public transportation, you MUST have a car or motorcycle.
- We are unable to sponsor H2B visas.