At Heart of Oregon Corps, 16-24 year old local young people with barriers to success improve their own lives while gaining job skills on projects that improve the community. Heart of Oregon Corps is a large regional non-profit that operates 6 youth training programs.
Our programs are based across Central Oregon
About Heart of Oregon Corps
Heart of Oregon Corps (HOC) inspires and empowers positive change in the lives of young people through jobs, education, and stewardship. We serve opportunity youth ages 16-24 in four Central Oregon counties who are disconnected from school and work. Our six programs provide training in conservation, construction, childcare, and customer service. Job opportunities ranging from seasonal/entry-level positions to manager/director level positions are available.
The Employee Experience
If you're looking for the ultimate life/work balance, Heart of Oregon Corps (HOC) is the place for you! Located in beautiful Central Oregon, the environment is ideal for those who love the outdoors, with a wide variety of dining experiences, coffee shops, breweries, live music, and more! HOC offers a supportive work environment and a culture that values integrity, learning, community, and responsibility.
Ideal candidates possess motivation, professionalism, talent, and passion for empowering and inspiring positive change in the lives of young people. Heart of Oregon Corps is an equal opportunity employer; ALL are encouraged to apply.
Room and Board
Room and Board not available. Heart of Oregon staff live locally. Relocation resources for interested candidates can be found here.
There are so many benefits to working with Heart of Oregon Corps (depending on position and term of service). Check out some of our awesome benefits for our full-time, part-time, and seasonal staff
- Holidays We recognize and pay twelve holidays: President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day and Winter Break (3 days between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. (Part Time employees receive pro-rated holiday pay. Temporary Employees* are not eligible for holiday pay.)
- Paid Leave We offer a total of 120 hours (3 weeks) of paid leave to new full-time employees, divided between sick and vacation leave. We recognize that employees need to take time away from work for health and family, to recharge, take vacations, spend time with family, or take a personal day. We also believe that these benefits should increase as an employee’s tenure at HOC increases. For example, employees with a two-year tenure earn 1 more week of vacation leave per year than new employees.
- Sick Leave benefits are 40 hours per year, which are front-loaded at hire (pro-rated for mid-year new hires). (Temporary Employees are paid sick leave that accrues at the rate of 1 hour per 30 hours of work, up to 40 hours per year, which cannot be utilized until 91 days after hire.)
- Vacation Leave benefits start at 80 hours per year, which are earned per hour worked. New employees are eligible to use their vacation time as soon as they have earned enough for their requested time off. (Part-time employees who work 20 hours a week or more earn pro-rated vacation leave. Temporary employees are not eligible for vacation leave benefits.)
- Insurance Heart of Oregon offers an employee Health Insurance Plan for full-time employees and covers 100% of the monthly premiums! Insurance coverage includes health, dental, vision, and alternative care. Medical/vision benefits are offered, but not covered for employees’ dependents or spouses. Flexible Spending Account Employees can elect to participate in this account to use pretax money for eligible health and child care expenses.
- Retirement 401k Plan Access HOC offers a 401k retirement savings plan for employees to participate in via payroll deductions, which includes access to a Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor. HOC does not offer a match for retirement at this time.
- Other Benefits Heart of Oregon has a positive culture in a mission-centered environment that is committed to equity and inclusion. We offer numerous internal and external professional development opportunities and competitive compensation. We also have access to industry discounts through our many pro-deals!
*Temporary Employees are seasonal or work less than 20 hours per week.
Full-time AmeriCorps & VISTA Service Members benefits:
- Bi-Weekly living stipend
- Education award upon program completion
- Free health insurance
- Access to pro-deals
- Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP)
- AmeriCorps childcare benefits
This is the spot for both indoor and outdoor recreational opportunities all year-round. Learn more about the Central Oregon lifestyle here!
How to Apply
Please visit our website to apply by clicking on the button below!