Seasonal Chef position @ Healing Waters Lodge, Twin Bridges, Montana
Upscale Fly Fishing Lodge in southwest Montana.
- Twin Bridges, Montana
- unknown / hour + tips
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 4 months (Apr 01, 2019)
- Healing Waters Lodge, fly fishing lodge, Twin Bridges, Montana
- April 1 through October 31
- Work schedule may include weekends/holidays, morning and/or evening shifts
- Salary based on education, training, and experience
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepares and provides high-quality breakfast meals, lunch meals, and two evening meals for 1 to up to 23 guests.
- Collaborates with other Lodge chef to create and develop a 7-day meal plans (breakfast, streamside lunches, and 3-course dinners.) that offer guests a variety of fresh, wholesome, delicious, in-house prepared foods.
- Ensures that meal plans are not repeated during guest stay or that menu items are not repeated from meal to meal, that menus use seasonal available foods.
- Prepares some foods used on the 5-day/4-night Smith River trips and prepares guide/guest lunches on launch dates.
- Adheres to reasonable food costs, efficient use, and waste reduction within reason.
- Ensures quality food preparation, portion control, and appealing and appetizing plating, garnishing, and presentation of all meals.
- Coordinates with other Chef regarding inventory control and stocking of kitchen; includes organization, cleaning, coordinating and creating menus to use food items efficiently.
- Proper use, care and maintenance of kitchen equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, ovens, stoves, grills, dishwasher, knives, cookware, bake-ware, mixers, food processers, blenders, butane torches, toasters, utensils.
- Ensures Food and Serve Safe management practices are enforced in all aspects of kitchen activities such as food preparation, cleaning practices, kitchen stocking and organization, and proper food storage of dry, fresh and frozen foods before and after preparation.
- Ensures chef and management are kept informed of any special requirements, guest issues, staff issues, equipment issues, delivery issues, etc.
- Ensure that all human hygiene requirements are diligently followed.
- Provides instructions and direction to kitchen staff: servers and dishwasher.
- Customer Service/Hospitality: Ability to provide highest standard of customer service and hospitality to lodge guests: special food preparations, dietary restrictions, allergies or preferences, etc.
- Creativity and Quality Assurance: Ability to prepare interesting and appealing meals for guests using various ingredients and innovative recipes, maintaining high quality and standards. Food is prepared properly and in accordance to State safety standards; plating and presentation is attractive and appetizing.
- Dexterity: Ability to walk, stand for long periods reach above and below, work at a fast pace; proper knife techniques for cutting, chopping and dicing.
- Time Management Skills: Efficiently and effectively plan and manage time; multi-task when necessary; take the initiative to act when needed; constructively supervise serving and dishwashing staff in utilizing their time effectively.
- Reliable: Must be reliable in attendance and in the performance of job duties. The position is offered April 1 through October 31, and the Chef is expected to be in strict adherence and performance as scheduled by management.
- Communication Skills: Must communicate verbally and in writing in a manner that promotes a high standard of service, mutual cooperation, respect, and productivity. Provide information to staff to inform and elevate their knowledge, skills and abilities with regard to food service and serving etiquette, food presentation, and food safety.
- Job Performance Under Pressure: Must be able to accommodate changes in menu, guest count, equipment failure, staff issues, guest requests, etc. with the highest level of customer service, maturity and respect.
- Appearance and Dress Code: Chef must keep a clean, groomed, and neat appearance and dress accordingly while working in the kitchen.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and professional publications, technical procedures, manuals, or statutory regulations.
- Ability to write menus, business correspondence, and standard instructions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, management, staff, and suppliers.
- Must be able to access and have good working knowledge of various computer applications and programs such as email, Google, food service ordering programs (such as FSA, QFD, Sysco), Excel, Word
Education, Experience, Certifications:
- Degree in Culinary Arts; or, five or more years of professional culinary experience in the art of preparation, cooking and presentation of food in the form of meals.
- Extensive food and wine knowledge and creativity
- Kitchen lead experience
- Knowledge of inventory levels, purchasing, ordering, receiving, food costing and inventory procedures
- ServSafe Food Protection Certification
How to Apply
Please send your resume and three recent work references via email to: mailto:email@example.com