Upscale Fly-fishing Lodge & Guide Service in Southwest Montana
Fishing Lodge in southwest Montana
- Twin Bridges, Montana
- + tips
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 2 months (Apr 01, 2018)
- Healing Waters Lodge, fly fishing lodge, Twin Bridges, Montana
- April 1 through October 31
- Work schedule may include weekends/holidays, morning and/or evening shifts
- Salary based on education, training, and experience
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepares and provides high-quality meals for Lodge guests, ranging in numbers from 1-23 guests.
- Collaborates with other Lodge chefs to create 7-day meal plans that offer guests a variety of fresh, wholesome, homemade foods.
- Ensure that all meals are not repeated during guest stay or that menu items are not repeated from meal to meal, that menus use seasonally available foods.
- Ensure all menus are calculated for reasonable food costs, efficient use and waste reduction within reason.
- Ensures quality preparation, portion control and appealing and appetizing plating and garnishing and presentation of all meals.
- Researchers inventory prices and availability, performs inventory, places orders with appropriate vendors and management buyers.
- Ensures cleanliness, organization, proper storage are maintained.
- Ensure that management is kept informed of special requirements, staff issues, equipment and maintenance issues, delivery issues, etc.
- Ensure Food and Serve Safe management practices are enforced in all aspects of kitchen activities such as food preparation, cleaning practices, storage.
- Ensure that all hygiene requirements are diligently followed.
- May supervise other kitchen staff: Chefs, servers, dishwasher.
- Customer Service/Hospitality: Ability to provide highest standard of customer service and hospitality to Lodge guests: special food preparations, dietary restrictions, allergies or preferences, etc.
- Creativity: Able to develop and prepare interesting and innovative recipes using various ingredients to create appealing meals.
- Dexterity: Able to walk, stand for long periods, reach above and below, work at a fast pace; proper knife techniques for cutting, chopping, and dicing.
- Sense of Taste and Smell: Must have a keen sense of taste and smell, to inspect food quality and to design appealing and appetizing meals.
- Time-management skills: Efficiently and effectively plan and manage time and staff time. Ability to multi-task, take initiative, and delegate work.
- Reliable: Must be reliable in attendance and performance of job duties. The position is offered April 1 through October 31, and Chef is expected to be in strict attendance and performance as scheduled by management.
- Communication Skills: Chef must communicate verbally and in writing in a manner that promotes a high standard of service, cooperation and productivity.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and professional publications, technical procedures, manuals, or statutory regulations.
- Ability to write menus, business correspondence, and standard instructions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, management, staff, and suppliers.
- Working knowledge of various computer applications and programs such as Email, Google, Sysco or FSA ordering programs, Excel, Word.
Desired Education, Experience, Certificates:
- Degree in Culinary Arts
- 5 or more years of professional culinary experience
- Extensive food and wine knowledge and creativity
- Leadership/supervisory experience required
- Knowledge of inventory levels, purchasing, ordering, receiving, food costing and inventory procedures
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification
How to Apply
Please email resume and three job related references.