Now Hiring Front Desk Agents in Aspen! (FT, year-round only) Employee Housing Available
Our hotels are located in ski resort towns (downtown Aspen, CO and Sun Valley, ID).
- Aspen, Colorado
- $17.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Nov 20, 2019)
This position acts as the first point of contact with guests and handles all stages of a guest’s stay. Applicants must be available to work 7 am - 3 pm or 3 pm - 11 pm. All potential employees must be available to work either shift, weekends and holidays.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Use oral and written communication skills to register and accommodate guests
- Manage guest service requests
- Process cash or credit card payments
- Maintain updated information on room availability, reservations, and guest messages
- Understand how to use hotel Property Management Software (PMS) systems
- Accept reservation calls and make reservations in a professional and courteous way for The Hotel Aspen and/or Molly Gibson Lodge. This includes obtaining all accurate guest information and relaying all information back to the guest for confirmation.
- Make and enter wholesale reservations in an accurate manner. Agent must be knowledgeable if using and updating extranet to relay any confirmation numbers.
- Must be knowledgeable of each property, including specific room categories, room layouts and amenities.
- Check-in guests with preexisting reservations, including collecting a photo ID and credit card for incidentals. Verify room category, checkout date, make guest room keys, explain amenities, and direct guests to their room, as well as offer bell service. Must maintain a professional and courteous attitude.
- Check-in guests without reservations or as walk-ins. Collect all appropriate information from the guest. Ensure the ID matches guest credit card and following the same steps as a guest with a preexisting reservation.
- Check out guests and ask for feedback such as asking how the stay was, try to overcome any complaints, make sure the folio is balanced and all charges are correct, ask the guest if they require a receipt.
- Post all charges to the folio correctly and charge accordingly (laundry, postage, etc)
- Count cash drawer at the beginning and ending of each shift. Ensure drawer is accurately balanced; handle cash transactions and deposits.
- Follow and complete all items on the AM/PM checklist prepared by the manager, including running the night audit.
- Act as concierge. Answer guest inquiries and set up reservations including restaurant and special activities
- Maintain a constant and open line of communication with housekeeping. Inform Housekeeping of any checkouts, room moves, stayovers, etc.
- Inform the maintenance staff of any room issues. Assist with any small maintenance issues if the Maintenance staff is unavailable. This may include unclogging toilets, fixing minor TV and A/C issues, covering the pool, etc). Provide maintenance staff with MOD report and follow up to ensure that any outstanding issues are completed.
- Ensure the front office and lobby area are neat and organized. Inform the Office Manager regarding any shortage of supplies (key cards, welcome letters, etc)
- Assist managers with any side projects or tasks
- Check the front desk email on a consistent basis and reply in a professional and grammatically correct manner
- Update the Movie Tracking Sheet- report any lost/stolen movies to the manager
- Inventory all lost and found items- call and email guest when an item is recovered and record in Visual Matrix
- Schedule and book shuttle rides - keep the bellman informed of any new shuttle rides
- Conduct 14 -day pre-arrival emails/calls on a daily basis; report any unfinished pre-arrival emails/calls to next shift
- Follow up with every guest 15-30 minutes after check-in.
- Knowledge of each property, including specific room categories and what the rooms offer in ways of bedding and amenities
Skills and Abilities:
- Enthusiasm and passion for hotel sales and guest service
Ability to connect with people over the phone and in-person
Ability to produce a high-level volume of work while maintaining consistent accuracy
Effective oral and written communication
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Problem-solving and creative thinking
Ability to use sound judgment in stressful situations
Ability to learn and adapt to different software programs
Ability to lift, push and pull items as heavy as 50 pounds
Education and Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent preferred
- Must have business telephone etiquette and customer service experience
- Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary
- High School diploma or GED
- Hospitality/Sales Experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
How to Apply