Spend your summer on a Biodynamic Farm in Upstate New York!
Explore the forests, mountains, and vibrant local towns of the Hudson Valley on your time off!
- Ghent, New York
- $1,300.00 / week
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 4 months. (Jun 13, 2023)
Hawthorne Valley Farm Summer Camp (ages 8-16) has a one to four-week opportunity for a nurse (RN or LPN) at our unique Farm Camp in the heart of the Hudson Valley!
Spend your summer with us on our 900-acre Biodynamic farm in Upstate New York! At our camps, you will grow personally and professionally, enjoy delicious farm-to-table meals, experience farm life, and help children and teens have a camp experience they’ll never forget!
Camp Nurse Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for the medical needs of 72 campers ages 8 to 16, and 20 staff per session of camp. This includes our day camp and residential camps.
- Ensures compliance with the Columbia County Department of Health camp health regulations.
- Overnight presence on campus, and availability for medical needs that may arise.
- Dispensing medicines, performing first aid, daily sick calls.
- Maintaining all medical records and documentation on campers and staff.
- Liaison to camper parents.
- Accompanying campers/staff to doctors when needed.
- Provide a nurturing and responsive environment to campers, guests, and other staff members.
- Help to ensure the smooth operations of the daily needs of the camp by being flexible and attentive to details.
- Support the Camp Director, Camp Managers and counselors with upholding all camp medical protocols.
- Support Campers’ behavioral, health, and emotional well-being.
All Hawthorne Valley Summer Camp staff must be committed to fostering an inclusive, safe, and welcoming environment for both campers and fellow staff members.
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), with current license in New York State, with current CPR/AED certification
- Experience working with children ages 8 to 16 is a plus
- Nurturing personality able to work with all age groups and needs, including homesickness.
- A good work ethic with an ability to be flexible, and work as a team member with all age groups.
- Strong time management, communication, organizational and record-keeping skills.
- Strong assessment skills and some knowledge of homeopathic medicines is a plus
- Ability to live on campus in a private room for the duration of the session.
- The ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- New nurse graduates are encouraged to apply
- Staff Training: June 12 - 23, 2023 (these dates can be flexible for the right candidate)
- Applicants can select to work for one, two, three, or four weeks at camp.
- June 25th – 30th - Session 1
- July 2nd – 14th - Session 2
- July 16th – 21st - Session 3
$1,300 per week plus a private room and all organic meals.
Please note: Our available housing cannot accommodate partners, children, or pets.
Camp placement is available for children of summer camp nurses and can be considered as a benefit in lieu of salary in most cases.
How to Apply
To apply for the Summer Camp Nurse Position, please send a letter of interest, a current resume, and contact information for three work references (preferably employers who have seen you working with children) to Joe Harris, Summer Camp Co-Director at email@example.com.