Exciting opportunities available for the 2017 season on Martha's Vineyard!
The historic Harbor View Hotel on Martha’s Vineyard, located in the very heart of Edgartown, Massachusetts, is more than a hotel. It's a legacy for generations of families and a piece of local history!
The Harbor View is committed to providing others with an exceptional experience. We do this by providing our guests with good memories they will forever remember and by providing our team with a positive experience.
Our operation includes 120 guest rooms, 3 event spaces, and 3 dining options. We also offer banquet/catering services and serve contemporary, New England regional fare with a focus on a fresh day boat seafood. The hotel opened its doors in the year 1891, and its team has been creating memories and providing exceptional service to its guests ever since!
Harbor View Hotel team members…
- Are committed to excellence in all they do
- Are friendly and love making a positive difference in the experience of others (guests, coworkers, vendors, etc.)
- Works well with others
- Are reliable and dependable
- Practice integrity as well as a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Don’t mind working flexible schedules and can easily adapt as challenges arise
- Are comfortable living and working in a small town setting and are excited to live on an island surrounded by beautiful beaches
- Meet the qualifications for the respective roles
Room and Board
Shared dormitory style housing is available to seasonal team members as space allows. All rooms have a small fridge available as well as a common kitchen area to share. Rent is $125 per week. There is also a $100.00 housing deposit.
Most cell phone services work here, but we encourage team members to check with their carriers before arrival.
- Explore Martha’s Vineyard
- Create memories and friendships that last a lifetime
- Bi-weekly opportunities to win paid days off and cash prizes
- The chance to meet people from all over the world
- Competitive wages
- Countless beaches to explore
- Opportunities to explore surrounding areas (Boston, Providence, Cape Cod, New York)
- Shift meals provided
Getting Here and Getting Around
Martha’s Vineyard is accessible by both ferry and plane. The island does have an airport, but there are also cheap bus rides that one can take from Boston, MA or Providence, RI to the ferry terminal in Woods Hole, MA.
While having a car on the island would be a convenience, it is not an absolute necessity. The island has a public transportation system that enables one to get around. Many of our team members have also found either bringing a bicycle or purchasing a bicycle to be beneficial.
New friendships and good times await you on Martha’s Vineyard! Countless beaches, amazing sunsets, and nature trails are waiting for you to explore, and numerous shops are available for you to enjoy. There are many venues to choose from when it comes to hanging out, enjoying dinner, or a night out with live music. While Martha’s Vineyard is an island, there is a regular grocery store as well as a natural food store available along with many farmers’ markets in the summer. During the summer, the island is also home to the Flying Horses Carousel, water sports galore, a movie theater, a playhouse, a mini-golf course, and several other golf courses as well.
The Harbor View is open year-round. Start dates for seasonal positions range from March through June, and end dates range from August through December. Preference may be given to those who can start by early May and can stay through the end of October, but all are welcome to apply!
Below are the many seasonal positions that exist at the Harbor View Hotel:
- Banquet Manager & Captain
- Banquet Servers, Bartenders, & Housemen
- Bussers & Host/Hostess
- Front Desk Supervisor & Agents
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Housekeeping (Room Attendants, Housemen, Laundry, Public Space)
- Line Cooks & Dishwashers
- Maintenance/Ground Staff
- Pool Servers & Bartenders
- Recreation Supervisor & Attendants
- Reservation Agents
- Restaurant Servers & Bartenders
- Special Events Assistant
- Switchboard Operators
- Valet/Bellman Attendants
We do hire international students and work with Intrax as our J-1 visa sponsor. To learn more about opportunities for international students and begin the application process, please CLICK HERE for the Intrax website.
In 2017, we also have opportunities for H2B visa holders as intermediate line cooks.
How to Apply
Submit a contact form via the APPLY NOW button to get in touch with us.
Resumes may also be sent to email@example.com.
The interviewing process will begin by early January.
Our recruiting process is on-going, and we will be accepting 2017 applications until all of our positions are filled.
The Harbor View Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. We take pride in the diversity of our staff, and we seek diversity in our applicants.
Thanks for your interest in employment with The Harbor View Hotel!