HOUSEKEEPERS Come Summer on Martha's Vineyard! HOUSING AVAILABLE!
Exciting opportunities available for the 2018 season on Martha's Vineyard!
The historic Harbor View Hotel is more than a hotel. It's a legacy for generations of families and a piece of local history!
Located in the very heart of Edgartown, Massachusetts, overlooking Martha’s Vineyard’s Edgartown Lighthouse, Edgartown Harbor and Chappaquiddick Island.
Jobs in the Spotlight
RECREATION SUPERVISOR Opportunity Available on Martha's Vineyard-HOUSING AVAILABLE!
About Harbor View Hotel
The Harbor View is committed to providing others with an exceptional experience. We do this by providing our guests with good memories they will forever remember and by providing our team with a positive experience.
Our operation includes 120 guest rooms, 3 event spaces, and 3 dining options. The hotel opened its doors in the year 1891, and its team has been creating memories and providing exceptional service to its guests ever since!
Harbor View Hotel team members…
- Are committed to excellence in all they do
- Are friendly and love making a positive difference in the experience of others (guests, coworkers, vendors, etc.)
- Works well with others
- Are reliable and dependable
- Practice integrity as well as a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Don’t mind working flexible schedules and can easily adapt as challenges arise
- Are comfortable living and working in a small town setting and are excited to live on an island surrounded by beautiful beaches
- Meet the qualifications for the respective roles
Room and Board
Shared dormitory style housing is available to seasonal team members as space allows. Common kitchen areas are available for residents to share. Rent is $125 per week. There is also a $100.00 housing deposit.
Most cell phone services work here, but we encourage team members to check with their carriers before arrival.
- Explore Martha’s Vineyard
- Create memories and friendships that last a lifetime
- Bi-weekly opportunities to win paid days off and cash prizes
- The chance to meet people from all over the world
- Competitive wages
- Countless beaches to explore
- Opportunities to explore surrounding areas (Boston, Providence, Cape Cod, New York)
- Shift meals provided
Getting Here and Getting Around
Martha’s Vineyard is accessible by both ferry and plane. The island does have an airport, but there are also cheap bus rides that one can take from Boston, MA or Providence, RI to the ferry terminal in Woods Hole, MA.
While having a car on the island would be a convenience, it is not an absolute necessity. The island has a public transportation system that enables one to get around. Many of our team members have also found either bringing a bicycle or purchasing a bicycle to be beneficial.
New friendships and good times await you on Martha’s Vineyard! Countless beaches, amazing sunsets, and nature trails are waiting for you to explore, and numerous shops are available for you to enjoy. There are many venues to choose from when it comes to hanging out, enjoying dinner, or a night out with live music. While Martha’s Vineyard is an island, there is a regular grocery store as well as a natural food store available along with many farmers’ markets in the summer. During the summer, the island is also home to the Flying Horses Carousel, water sports galore, a movie theater, a playhouse, a mini-golf course, and several other golf courses as well.
How to Apply
To see a list of available opportunities and to apply, click on the APPLY HERE button.
Our recruiting process is on-going, and we will be accepting 2018 applications until all of our positions are filled.
The Harbor View Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. We take pride in the diversity of our staff, and we seek diversity in our applicants.
Thanks for your interest in employment with The Harbor View Hotel!