Exceptional Seasonal Front Desk Manager Wanted For Iconic Island Hotel
Explore beautiful beaches, lighthouses, and charming New England towns
- Edgartown, Massachusetts
- $1,000.00 / week
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Feb 13, 2018)
The Harbor View is seeking a seasonal Front Desk Manager to join its team!
There may be potential for the position to become year-round.
This position is located on Martha's Vineyard. Housing is available.
Our operation includes 120 guest rooms, 3 event spaces, and 3 dining options. We also offer banquet/catering services and serve contemporary, New England regional fare with a focus on a fresh day boat seafood. The hotel opened its doors in the year 1891, and its team has been creating memories and providing exceptional service to its guests ever since!
Our Front Office Manager is responsible for helping with the overall quality, service, and performance of the front office team (front desk agents, concierge, bell/valet). Some responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Being very hands on in ensuring guests are provided with exceptional service at all times
- Training, coaching, and motivating staff
- Resolving guest concerns and needs
- Inventory, scheduling, and reports are also part of this role
- Performing all duties of the front office team: front desk agent, concierge, phones, bell, valet, etc.
- Providing information about the hotel, its restaurants, as well as about the area to guests
- Being ready and willing to problem solve and find solutions for both internal and external guests
- Maintaining budget/expenses through cost and labor control as well as revenue generation
- Working closely with management in consistently improving the guest experience and helping with other tasks as needed
Our Front Desk Manager is passionate about guest service and helping others. They thrive in fast-paced and sometimes stressful environments. They are able to solve problems and find solutions under pressure and are able to work a flexible schedule and multi-task. Strong attention to detail, the ability to communicate effectively, and ability to lead are all a must. 1-2 years of previous hotel front office experience is strongly preferred.
Seasonal staff members enjoy many benefits. Some benefits available may include:
- Shared housing (as available)
- Medical insurance (for those working more than 4 months)
- 401K Plan (available after 1,000 hours of service)
- Paid Time Off
- Family & Friends room rates
- Complimentary shift meal
- Associate of the Month program
- Biweekly opportunities to win cash prizes and paid days off
Anticipated Dates of Position
The position is expected to start ASAP, and the anticipated end date is October 1st. However, there may potential for the position to be extended to year-round.
The Harbor View is an equal opportunity employer. We take pride in the diversity of our staff, and we seek diversity in our applicants.
Thanks for your interest in employment with the Harbor View!
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button below!