Great wages & food/housing included at no cost! Work & play on Cumberland Island, GA!
A beautiful, pristine, and undeveloped island accessible only by boat or small airplane
- $42,000.00 / year
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The historic Greyfield Inn is seeking talented, hard-working individuals to join our House Staff for the busy Spring/Summer, and beyond. We are a small and intimate inn located on Cumberland Island, GA – a beautiful, pristine, and undeveloped island accessible only by boat or small airplane. Our location provides a wonderful opportunity to live and work in a truly unique setting.
To get a visual of the beauty on Cumberland Island and to read more about its nature and history, please be sure to look up our website as well as Cumberland Island National Seashore's NPS website.
Greyfield Inn focuses on a personalized approach to service, with attention to even the smallest details. We strive to provide our guests with an exceptional and memorable experience in a natural and peaceful environment – which is only made possible by the talent and commitment of our incredible staff.
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent people skills
- An outgoing, warm, and friendly personality
- General housekeeping skills & a desire to be helpful
- Working knowledge of wine, spirits, beer, and bartending is a plus but training is provided
- At least two years of restaurant/dining room service (casual and/or fine-dining), hotel, or hospitality experience, and can commit to 9 to 12 months.
A few things the right candidate should know:
We like to work. We work a lot. We work hard. The right candidate for Greyfield is self-motivated, goal-oriented, and detail-obsessed.
This is a multi-faceted position. Our employees wear many different hats throughout the course of a workday; everything from housekeeper (includes, but is not limited to floor-sweeping/vacuuming/mopping, dusting, laundry-washing/drying/folding/hauling baskets; bed-making, window-cleaning, and taking out the trash & recycling) to server, bartender (during cocktail hours & as requested by guests) dishwasher and chauffeur. At Greyfield, each of these jobs is approached with equal respect. Training in each area is provided. It is also helpful to have curiosity, an open mind, and an eagerness to learn a lot of new things. Our staff works together as a team for long hours, weekends, and holidays - Greyfield Inn is always open. A typical work day is plus or minus 10 hours; roughly 50 hours a week for a 5 day work week.
If you’re up for the challenge – and can do it while smiling and striving to make our guests feel at home and welcome – we want to work with you!
House Staff Responsibilities:
- Meticulous housekeeping in all areas of the inn and cottages
- Nightly “turn-down” service (a second cleaning and straightening of guest rooms during dinner service)
- Dining service for breakfast and dinner, as well as bartending for nightly cocktail hour
- Greeting guests upon arrival, and providing a detailed house tour and guide to staying at Greyfield Inn
- Working with all staff members to ensure proper and quality service be provided to our guests at all times
- Valid driver's license required
- The annual salary starts at $42,000, commensurate with experience. This number is based on an annual average depending on the daily rate plus a Guest Service Charge.
- Housing and meals provided to staff members only (no pets)
- Free transportation to and from the island via a scheduled ferry ride
- Paid vacation after one year
- Medical and dental after 60 days
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter. Serious and experienced applicants only. No phone calls, please.