Male Camp Counselors/Activity Instructors for a smaller Wyoming Summer Camp - One Spot Left!
Private ranch bordering Wind River Mountains, Bridger-Teton National forest, and BLM land.
- Boulder, Wyoming
- up to $400.00 / week
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jun 04, 2023)
Compensation: $400 per week. The job also includes lodging, meals, laundry, a Wyoming Fishing License, CPR/First Aid Certification, and on-the-job training. Can cover travel costs to get here!
Basic Duties: We need one more male staff member to complete our team. Instructors/Camp Counselors rotate living in the bunkhouse cabins with campers and are responsible for the safety and well-being of the campers in their care as well as the daily operations within the cabin. Counselors will be expected to lead specialized camp activities and should be comfortable leading and teaching in some of the camp's program areas listed under "Skills", as well as participating in or leading special events, evening activities, and meal preparation/clean-up. They must provide leadership and direct supervision of campers while in the cabin, which includes cabin clean up, at meals, and bedtime. Counselors will also participate in overnight camping trips and should be comfortable in rustic and remote locations.
- Must be 18 years of age or older by June 18th, 2023.
- At least one completed year of college is preferred.
- First Aid/CPR certification required. Can help with course cost.
- Each counselor should be proficient in teaching one or more of the following skills independently: horsemanship, river rafting, marksmanship, archery, rock climbing, swimming, canoeing, fishing, arts and crafts, blacksmithing, or ecology.
- Previous camp, youth group, after-school, or other youth involvement is preferred.
- Previous horsemanship and outdoor recreation experience are recommended.
- NRA or CMP Riflery Instructor certification is desired.
- Lifeguard certification is desired.
- Ability to play a musical instrument and lead singing during campfires is desired.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to live comfortably with a group of campers ages 8-15 in rustic and remote environments.
- Willingness and stamina to work long hours, including early mornings and late nights.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a healthy attitude towards youth.
- Physical ability to jump, bend, twist, run, lift 50 lbs, carry a backpack with personal and camp gear in uneven terrain, at high altitude, in inclement weather, and with significant elevation gain and losses.
- High standards of moral character and personal hygiene.
- Ability to uphold Christian values with campers in a positive environment.
- Instructors that are 21 years of age or older may be asked to drive a camp van, with campers, to several off-site locations, within a 10-20 mile radius of camp.
How to Apply
For more information please contact Camp Director, Natasha Morris at (251) 577-1790. To apply, please submit an application and resume to email@example.com. Contact Natasha with any questions!