Looking to take a step out of the norm and try something new?
See the wonders of nature while working in one of the most beautiful places in America.
- Jackson Lake Lodge, Wyoming
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jan 24, 2022)
If you're a person with an eye for detail, good organizational skills, and a penchant for hospitality, then this is the job for you. We provide a year-round position with many benefits, including FREE housing and an exciting working environment.
The Sr. Tour Specialist is responsible for generating and overseeing all Tour group business for Grand Teton Lodge Company, from strategy through execution, to achieve budgeted revenue and room night goals.
General areas of responsibility include developing the Tour sales strategy and annual plan under the guidance of the Director of Sales & Marketing; soliciting, negotiating and contracting Tour groups for Jackson Lake Lodge; collaborating with operational areas on planning and fulfillment of services; developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients to drive loyalty; and tracking, analyzing, and reporting various Tour segment metrics. The Sr. Tour Specialist is also responsible for providing training and supervision to a seasonal Sales & Marketing Coordinator, and indirect supervision to the Group Rooms Coordinator.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and carries out annual Tour Sales plan; solicits and responds to Tour group inquiries; negotiates and contracts Tour business
- Monitors, tracks and reports on Tour pacing and forecasting, pickup and attrition via formal reports and meeting participation; addresses business needs accordingly
- Ensures complete and accurate information on Tour bookings is input into sales and operations systems; maintains accurate and up-to-date information on all clients/accounts
- Coordinates with Operations on decision-making related to Tour business capacities, opportunities, limitations and needs
- Communicates Tour information on an ongoing basis to key Operations departments in a timely manner; monitors service issues and works with Operations to address challenges and opportunities
- Consistently communicates with leadership on Tour business status, client/guest issues, projects and tasks; identifies and presents business challenges and opportunities; proactively seeks and accepts guidance and support; delivers quality work on time
- Assists in other department and office tasks, which may include collecting Meeting group deposits, Tour billing and accounting tasks, marketing projects and tasks, coordinating guest and client events, assisting with site tours and tradeshows, and other duties as needed
- 3+ years hospitality industry experience; 1-3 years sales, marketing and/or reservations experience
- Valid driver’s license and a vehicle or ability to obtain a satisfactory motor vehicle report
- Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills
- Experience with group booking and POS systems a plus: Delphi, FDC, V1
- Skilled communicator with excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal competency
- Positive attitude and exceptional guest service skills to support both internal and external partners
- Extremely well organized, detail oriented, and able to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently with minimal supervision; must be extremely self-motivated and able to prioritize effectively
- Strong data orientation, with the ability to organize, analyze, and communicate large amounts of data that is often complex; ability to use data in decision-making
- Able to meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to departmental and company policies and procedures; willing and able to work evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Interpretive Knowledge of Grand Teton National Park helpful
How to Apply
Explore our website to find out more about the job and apply today!