Turn up the heat in your career while you prep for a great summer in the Tetons!
Grand Teton National Park - one of the most beautiful National Parks in the USA - without a doubt!
- Jackson Lake Lodge, Wyoming
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (May 17, 2021)
Are you looking to hone your culinary skills? Are you interested in working and living in Grand Teton National Park? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
This is a summer position. Our season typically runs from May through early October. Candidates must be available to work until the end of the season.
The Sous Chef is responsible for all food culinary operations: banquets, breakfast, buffets, lunch and dinner, including planning, scheduling, organizing and directing work, training personnel, while ensuring compliance with the NPS, Brand Standards and Internal Audits. The Sous Chef is additionally responsible for the ordering of supplies, the supervision & training of staff, monthly inventories and deputation of sous chefs. This individual also monitors employee clock in and clock out, and assists in oversight of Employee Dining Room.
The “must haves” for this position include:
- 1 year sous chef experience
- 2 years line cook experience
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- Multi Outlet resort experience
- Cold & hot food preparations
- Knowledge of different stations like grill, garde manger and sauté
- High volume cooking experience
- Previous supervisory experience
What’s In It For You?
- FREE National Park Pass to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park
- FREE Participation in guest activities: Horseback rides, kayak and boat rentals, lake cruises & scenic raft tours, 200 miles of hiking trails and THE greatest perk ever – living in one of the most picturesque national parks!
- $100/week "Room & Board" fee which covers 3 meals/day in the employee cafeteria, housing, linens and all utilities
- Complimentary WiFi
- Complimentary use of Recreation halls
Before you apply, visit http://www.gtlc.com/employment for detailed information about housing and other information you will find helpful.
How to Apply
Please follow the link below.