The Wild, Wild West still exists ... Want to be a part of it?
Hankering for a wild west experience this summer? Then head to Jackson Hole, WY!
- Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 2 months (May 18, 2020)
***COVID-19 UPDATE*** We are currently still hiring in expectation of operating this season. We will be happy to discuss any questions, or concerns, during our phone interview. Please note: All start dates are subject to change should opening dates shift again and/or if operations are further impacted.
Do you love working with horses? Are you an experienced wrangler? Are you interested in working and living in Grand Teton National Park? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
This position is perfect for an individual that loves horses, the great outdoors, guest interaction all while having fun!
The Corral Wrangler/ Trail Guide is responsible for leading guided interpretive horseback trail rides for guests. They assist guests on trail rides and assure their comfort and safety, and provide care of horses and maintain the corral in a neat, orderly fashion. They are required to be friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable, providing information to guests regarding Flagg Ranch Company, Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, and the surrounding Jackson Hole area.
This position starts in mid-May and, depending on the property, continues until October.
The “must haves” for this position include:
- Prior experience in riding and care of horses
- Valid US Driver's License
- Successful completion of Motor Vehicle Record
- Must have or be willing to obtain First Aid and CPR Certification by first day of employment
- Great communication and people skills
- Must be able to lift at least 100 pounds
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- Previous experience guiding trail rides
- Interpretive knowledge of Grand Teton National Park and/or Yellowstone National Park
What’s In It For You?
- FREE National Park Pass to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park
- FREE Participation in guest activities: Horseback rides, kayak and boat rentals, lake cruises & scenic raft tours, 200 miles of hiking trails and THE greatest perk ever – living in one of the most picturesque national parks!
- $95/week "Room & Board" fee which covers 3 meals/day in the employee cafeteria, housing, linens and all utilities
- Complimentary WiFi (unavailable at Flagg Ranch)
- Complimentary use of Recreation halls and Employee Gym (Climbing Wall)
Visit www.gtlc.com/employment for a sampling of what life is like working, living and playing here at Grand Teton Lodge Company or Flagg Ranch Company.
Start the road to your Experience of a Lifetime with us . . . where you can have FUN at work and get paid to LIVE in a National Park!