Looking for Cooks who want a taste of National Park Life in Grand Tetons
Stunning views of the Teton Mountains and some of the Best Wildlife-Viewing in Jackson Hole
- Grand Teton National Park , Wyoming
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 2 months (May 18, 2020)
***COVID-19 UPDATE*** We are currently still hiring in expectation of operating this season. We will be happy to discuss any questions, or concerns, during our phone interview. Please note: All start dates are subject to change should opening dates shift again and/or if operations are further impacted.
Prep for a great career with Grand Teton Lodge Company & Vail Resorts by sharpening your culinary skills and expertise in a fast-paced, large volume resort environment. When not preparing amazing food for our guests; enjoy exploring two national parks in your backyard: Grand Teton National Park & Yellowstone National Park!
This is a summer position. Our season typically runs from late May through the middle of October.
The GTLC culinary team takes much pride in the quality of food that we serve and in the development of our culinary members. Raw and fresh ingredients are purchased so that the staff can prepare items from the most basic form. Almost all items are cooked from scratch. We have an onsite Butcher Shop, Bakery, Saucier, and Garde Manger. Our emphasis is for culinary members to gain knowledge of food theory and techniques. We partner with our other Vail properties to place employees at a variety of locations in the winter. Many employees return summer after summer to take new positions with GTLC & Flagg Ranch to further their culinary careers.
- Work off of a prep-list to ensure proper food preparation.
- Line/short order prep and plating.
- Maintain proper food handling and sanitation throughout the shift.
- Ensure proper facility shut-down including stocking, sanitizing, equipment cleaning and shut down and proper food storage
- 1+ years previous cooking experience
- Knowledge of different stations like grill, garde manger and sauté
- High volume cooking
What’s In It For You?
- FREE National Park Pass to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park
- FREE Participation in guest activities: Horseback rides, kayak and boat rentals, lake cruises & scenic raft tours, 200 miles of hiking trails and THE greatest perk ever – living in one of the most picturesque national parks!
- $95/week "Room & Board" fee which covers 3 meals/day in the employee cafeteria, housing, linens and all utilities
- Complimentary WiFi (unavailable at Flagg Ranch)
- Complimentary use of Recreation halls and Employee Gym (Climbing Wall)
Depending on work location, employees are housed in furnished dormitories in our employee villages, where you will share a room with one or more fellow employees and can enjoy employee recreation activities and events. An employee RV park with a limited number of spaces is also available for those with their own fully self-contained RV’s for a minimal daily fee.
Visit www.gtlc.com/employment/ for a sampling of what life is like working, living and playing here at Grand Teton Lodge Company or Flagg Ranch Company.
How to Apply
Our Summer season runs from late May through early October.